He's awake!

Cliff sat by his friend, studying the claw marks. They were shallow, but long cuts trailing down his side. He only caught prey she was about to catch, he thought, confused. She must have some very serious anger issues. Suddenly a female Nightwing burst into the room. "Peacemaker!" she gasped. Her talons traced his wings carefully. "It's me!" she said, looking like she was going to cry. "It's Moon!"

She continued on, oblivious to the fact that Cliff was standing there, listening. "All my visions," she said, her green eyes glassy. "They have to be true!" she paused for a moment and let out a gasp of joy. "He's alive," she whispered, "Tsunami!" she yelled, darting out of the room, and just as she did a groaning sound came from behind him. Cliff spun around to see Peacemaker groggily sitting up in in his cot, blinking in confusion.

"Wasn't I in the forest just a while ago?" The hybrid glanced around worriedly, then his gaze landed on Cliff. "Did you see my attacker?" Cliff was silent for a moment, awkwardly shifting on his talons. Peacemaker stared at him. "Did you?" Cliff nervously glanced at the doorway, hoping that no one was listening in. "Yes," he admitted, and Peacemaker's eyes widened. "You can't tell anyone, okay?" he asked, and the hybrid nodded.

"Her name is 'Red Storm'. She's a rainwing assassin. She said that you took her prey." Peacemaker shot out of bed, then winced in pain. The sun shone on his rainbow underscales, making them sparkle brightly. "A rainwing?" he echoed in surprise. "And she attacked me because I took her PREY?"

Cliff flinched at the sudden outburst. "I know," he said quietly, "I still can't believe that she'd do something like that over a piece of prey." As he spoke, Mink, Bumblebee, Dusky, Fern and Auklet rushed into the infirmary. "Peacemaker!" Mink gasped, and Fern gently rested her wings over the icewing. Auklet touched his scars gently, and Cliff felt a twinge of jealousy spark up in his stomach. "Are you okay?" Bumblebee fretted. Peacemaker smiled slightly at them before standing up. "I'm fine," he insisted, shaking out his wings.

Cliff awkwardly stood there as the others fretted over Peacemaker's scratches, until Bumblebee turned to him. "You saved him!" she said in awe. Auklet came over and wrapped her wings around him happily. Cliff felt the blood rush to his face as the seawing rested her snout on his shoulder. Mink came over too tackling them both to the ground followed by Bumblebee and Dusky. They laughed for a while before Cliff noticed that Auklet was looking at him.

"We should be getting to our caves now," Peacemaker said suddenly, staring out the window at the flaming gold sunset sinking below the trees. "It's almost nightfall." Auklet looked like she had something else to say but nodded and walked out of the room with Fern.

. . .

Cliff sat up in his bed, thinking. Peacemaker was hurt because he took someone's prey, he thought. Thats not right.

I need to find out who 'Red Storm' really is, and when I do, she's going to be sorry.

Cliff shook his head abruptly. No, no, no, why am I thinking like this?! He thought frantically, and Peacemaker shuffled in his bed with a whimper.

She just needs to know that what she's done, is not right.