Chapter 61 - A Higher Power

"There is no refuge from confession but suicide, and suicide is confession." - Daniel Webster

Matt and Danny showed up at my apartment last night. Danny is my brother's best friend who used to have a crush on me when he was in high school. Thank God Spencer decided to sleep at his own place.

"Wake up losers!" I yelled and the boys fell off the couch, startled by my high pitched voice.

"Can you just lower your fucking voice?" Matt groaned, clearly hungover.

I placed my hands on my hips, like my mom does when she's mad. "First of all, language!" I pointed my finger at him. "Second of all, what is wrong with you? What if Spencer was here?"

"Who's Spencer?" Danny asked as he reached for the pillow and placed it on his head.

"My boyfriend." I replied with a raised brow.

Danny growled. "Shit! I should have shot my shot when I had the chance."

"Like you had a shot." Matt chuckled and I pinched his arm. "Ow! CeCe, you're hurting me."

"That's the point!" I folded my arms across my chest and raised my eyebrows. "Matty, what happened?"

Matt wrapped his arms around my shoulders and buried his head on my neck. "Rain is dating another guy."

I hugged him tightly and whispered to him. "Everything's going to be okay, Matty. I'm here for you."

"I'm starving! Do you have bacon and coffee? I need to eat now!" Danny demanded and I rolled my eyes. He's still the same annoying teenager I met a few years ago.

____________________________________________________________

I arrived at the BAU and took a seat next to Spencer. "You're late!" He whispered.

"Had a Matt emergency." I whispered back as I glanced at the files that were scattered on the round table.

"Is he okay?" Spencer asked.

Rossi showed up and cleared his throat. "We're going to Pittsburgh." He announced.

"What's in Pittsburgh?" Emily asked.

"Officer Ronnie Baleman contacted us after the apparent suicide of his brother." JJ informed us.

Morgan furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean by apparent?" He looked at the screen that showed the picture of the man electrocuted in his bathtub. "This is pretty straightforward."

"I thought the same until I noticed a pattern." Rossi confirmed. "Every two weeks, someone committed suicide which is not usual."

"The suicide rate in Pittsburgh is of 15.8 deaths per 100.000 residents. A suicide every two weeks is above average." Spencer explained.

"Considering the percentage rounds around 15% of suicides in which, three quarters are committed by men, it is safe to assume we are dealing with an Angel of Death." I concluded, earning a smile from Spencer.

"Look, I get the Math says something different, but all I see is a man who had enough and decided to end his life." Morgan turned to Rossi. "I'm sorry man, but we shouldn't take a case because a family member won't accept the fact his brother was depressed."

Rossi nodded. "I would usually agree with you, however, the Statistics Couple is right. It's a really high number of suicides. We owe to the families to at least take a good look at it."

"Fine." Morgan said before heading out. He was really certain Paul Baleman committed suicide.

As we all started to leave the conference room, I turned to Rossi. "Where's Hotch?"