Chapter 3: I Am Considered Completely Crazy

When I exited the infirmary, Will's "Camp" image finally made more sense to me.

It had been rather hard to picture while we were inside, since the windows had been covered with curtains and the ones that weren't were too high up and bright for me to see through. It had felt like a regular (kind of) hospital, except a sixteen year old guy was running it all, and didn't do anything but feed me a golden brownie (that Will informed me was called Ambrosia).

When the door of the infirmary opened to reveal the outside world, I got why I was at Camp Half Blood - though I still had to figure out the Half Blood part.

It wasn't the best view of everything, but it was enough. In a clearing to the side, I saw what looked like cabins. Groups of people sat in the shade under trees, laughing and sipping cool drinks. Further off, a group of girls seemed to be...painting each other's nails? I brushed it off and turned to look elsewhere. My eyes happened to land on something high, that peeked out over the cabins. It was quite a ways off, but it's towering height made it possible to see. It was a climbing wall, I realized. Minuscule dots on it were actually people who were climbing it. It was rather normal until something poured down.

I let out a small yelp and pointed a finger at the climbing wall. "Lava just poured from it!" I heard myself exclaim. "They're going to die!"

Will looked up. He lifted a shoulder casually and dropped it. "It's the climbing wall. They're able to. Besides, dying is part of being a demigod."

If dying was part of being a demigod, I began to feel like I didn't want to be a demigod if that was what it cost.

I turned my attention from the features of the camp and to the building that Will was currently leading me towards.

It was fashioned in an Ancient Greek way, with large, twisting columns. Vines and flowers spiralled around them, and an assortment of greenery was planted in front of the building. I wasn't very sure what made it earn it's name "Big House", because it certainly wasn't that big. It was a fair size, but not exactly....enough to be called the "Big House."

Will led me through the door and into the inside of the Big House. He looked at me. "Remember what I said about Chiron being a centaur?" he asked. I nodded slightly. "Now's the time to keep that in mind. Please don't faint."

After I reassured Will that I wouldn't faint, he led me down a hallway and through a white painted door.

The room I entered seemed more like a lounge than Chiron's office, as Will insisted it was. In one corner, four large couches encircled a coffee table. In another, a large window that showed a full view of the camp's cabins was there. There was a desk pushed against the wall, and behind the desk...

Chiron was definitely a centaur. I wasn't anywhere close to fainting, but my head still felt like it was buzzing. From the waist up, he was a perfectly normal human. He had just above the shoulder hair, a slight beard, and coffee warm eyes. Perfectly normal. But from waist down, he was a pure white stallion. He also had a sword, which I found quite unnerving, considering how close to death I had been with one of those.

Chiron wasn't enough for me to faint, but the boy standing beside him was. He had dark hair, dark eyes, and even without the black sword at his waist, he was perfectly recognizable as my rescuer. Arms were folded over his chest. He leaned casually on the wall with infinite grace. Nico di Angelo.

Here, in the less crude light, I could make out a bit more of him. Yesterday - or whenever it was - night, I had only saw him in the light of the moon. Now, seeing him, it was different, less like a chiseled stone angel and more like a human being. It had been impossible to tell emotion and feeling under the moonlight, but now, I could tell the tiredness in his dark brown eyes. The light brought out flaws, too, like the dark smudges of grey under his eyes.