seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN.
( a trap. )

It was cold

It was cold.

That's the only thing Lucille could think when she regained her consciousness. She felt disoriented as she tried to make sense of her surroundings in the pitch-black darkness. The floor beneath her was concrete, she could tell from how smooth and cold it felt. She remained lying on the floor for awhile, unsure of whether she should move or be still. She could feel the dry, crusted blood that had dripped from her temple down to her jaw. She could smell the stale, dusty air.

Then her memories suddenly came flooding back, and the gravity of her situation began to set in. Tears immediately formed in her eyes and her breathing quickened its pace. Jigsaw, Jigsaw, Jigsaw. That was all she could bring herself to think about. She remembered the disfigured doll laughing, and it brought back the memory of the masked figure attacking and sedating her. Lucille was stuck in Jigsaw's trap, and her life was in his hands.

The girl tried to sit up when she realized her hands were bound by rope behind her back. She was completely stuck, and there was no way she could really move her arms. However, after a few moments of struggling, she managed to bring herself up to a sitting position. Her eyes were beginning to adjust to the darkness, and she could see the grimy walls surrounding her. She was stuck inside of a small room, perhaps a large storage closet, with nowhere to go. It all felt like a dream; The drugs in her system were still wearing off. She still couldn't feel like she could stand up.

As she was waiting to regain her strength, her eyes continued to search the room. In front of her, high up on the wall, was a clock. It was almost 12 o'clock in the morning. The clock was brand new, compared to the rest of the grungy room. It ticked quietly. But what made her even more curious was the TV below it. The screen was on, but it remained black. There was a date and a timestamp in the corner, making her quickly realize it was security camera footage. And that led her to spotting the security camera in the far corner of the room, mounted into the ceiling.

She was being watched.

"Hello!" Lucille called. "Please! Anyone!"

A few moments of silence passed. The girl felt like she could stand up, so she did. Having her hands bound behind her made it a struggle, but she was able to get back on her feet. She could finally get a good look around the room. She searched for anything that could possibly cut the rope binding her hands together. In the corner of the room, there was a sharp piece of what looked like metal sticking out of a hole in the wall. She ran to it and knelt down in front of it, moving her wrists up and down to try and cut the rope. She could feel it starting to work, but her arms were growing tired and the rope was far too thick to easily cut. She decided she would slowly work on it throughout whatever time she had.