Chapter 2: Room 237

Niall's POV

Lewis whispers: "Our teacher be like: Don't breathe or we'll kick you out!" I burst out laughing an earn a murderous glance. Lewis is just too funny to not laugh. The door opens suddenly and a boy with brown hair and nerd-looking clothes comes in. "Liam", Mr. Cowell screams, "What are you doing here?" "I just wanted to ask if anyone is interested in joining my club because I want to form a band.", Liam says calmly. "Oh shit", Lewis says, "I'm in two clubs already. I would love to be in this band!" I smile but I can only agree. It sounds so much better than the other clubs.

"I wanna be in the band", I say as confident as I can. He should no that I really mean it. He smiles and answers: "Okay, you're in. Come to room 237 after school. Anyone else?" No one answers. That's not a surprise. Most people are already in two clubs and no one wants to be in more clubs than necessary.

"You're so lucky", Lewis whispers in my ear, "being in a club that is not planned by a teacher is like winning the lottery!" I nod and smile. We will probably just chill all day while other people must work hard in their clubs. Lewis for example is in the cooking club and has to help out in the canteen twice a month. I would never ever do that.

Harry's POV

"Write down the clubs you would like to be in", Nick says, „can't be that hard" "Out of my way", a boy says while he is walking against me. I step aside and look angry towards him. My anger is gone. He is the most handsome boy I have ever seen. He looks exactly like my celebrity crush whose picture hangs on my wall. Same lips red, same eyes blue, same white shirt. "Who are you to talk to us like that?", Nick says. The boy answers: "I am the Louis Tomlinson. Don't ever forget my name because I'll forget yours in just a few hours." "Harry, let's go", Nick says and Louis asks: "Your name is Harry?" I nod and he answers: "At this school we have like hundreds of Harrys. Must be boring to be one out of hundreds." "What do you mean by that?", I ask confused. "Never thought about ja being a nickname?", he asks and I shake my head. "Do you have a middle name?", he asks and I answer: "Edward" He laughs and asks: "Really? What's your full name?" "Harold Edward Styles", I say. "The only good name is your last name", he says laughing, "I'ma call ya Styles" "Who cares?", Nick asks while he pushes me towards the corridor. "One minute more with him and I would have punched him in his face", Nick whispers. "This would have ruined his perfect face", I say and he looks at me confused. "I hope this was irony", Nick says, "You never appreciate a girl's look. I wouldn't get it why you appreciate a mean boy's look." Yeah, it must have been irony. I wouldn't call a boy's face perfect...

Louis' POV

I look at all the club's posters but I really only like the football club. I can't imagine doing anything else than playing football. "Are you searching for a club?", the boy next to me asks. He is slightly taller than the boy who was here a few minutes ago. Styles was his name. "I'm Liam", the boy says, "I am forming a band. Come join our club! We are two members right now but you could be the third! We have no teacher leading the club so it would be fun!" He sounds like the people selling you random stuff on the telephone. He is quite bad at convincing. But to be fair, I don't care. No club interests me. Why not joining his? "Fuck it", I say, "I'll join, but I need good grades or I won't make it till the next year, mate" He nods and says: "Room 237 after school". Then he leaves. He seems weird and I hate his confidence. It seems like we have a lot in common and I hate it.

"Hi", a blond boy next to me says. I just want to peacefully go to my classroom. What the hell is going on? Why are so many people talking to me? Normally no one dares to talk to me and not friends and I enjoy it. "My name is Lesley. May I interview you? You will most likely become the football captain this year and I would like to ask you a few questions about that. Do you have time tomorrow? Before school? 7:20am?" I nod and go away. I hate the newspaper club members. When they don't get good information they just make up random rumours about you. The fakest people I have ever met.

Harry's POV

I put my bag under the desk and sit down. The desk has the same colour as Louis's hair. I put my pencil out and draw on the desk. This is exactly what his hair structure looks like. "Have you thought about using paper?", Niall asks while sitting down next to me. I work in the bakery next to his house and he always buys bread when I am there. We always talk a bit longer than I'm supposed to but it's the first time that we have a subject together. "Do you have donuts this week?", he asks and I burst out laughing. "You are the only one in town buying donuts. I'm sorry to disappoint you but there won't be any donuts until other people buy them too.", I say. He looks very sad but then he randomly asks: "Which clubs are you joining?" "I will join the Theater club", I say, "I always wanted to become an actor! But I really don't know which other club I would like to join..." "I know it", he says, "A boy named Liam will form a club. We will be a real band! We're going to meet in room 237 after school. Go with me!" I really love singing. Only my family knows it but I sing all the time and I would even call it my secret passion.

Zayn's POV

"Zayn", Mr. Cowell says, "What happened? You used to be a very good student with very good grades and now you're just getting in trouble. It's not only today. Last year it became worse too. Stop spraying graffiti on the wall! Next time I'll suspend you! And you can't be in only one club. You must be in at least two clubs." "I don't like the other clubs", I say smirking. He answers: "I had a similar conversation with another student today. I don't care whether you like it or not. You are forced to join another club. Maybe you would fit perfectly into the club the student I talked about formed. Go to room 237 today after school. You can decide if you would like to be in that club but I think this club would definitely be more your thing than the others." It seems like he is not even angry anymore - weird. But it's good for me. I don't do graffiti to give this man a heart attack. I just want to share my art with the world. And sharing my art means sharing my feelings. It's something personal. But some people will never understand the kind of passion an artist feels.