1 - Zachary Is Sick Part 1

= Zachary =

Zachary pulled into his usual parking spot, coughing.

After shutting off the Jeep, he heard the crap rattling around in his chest.

Shit.

Leaning his head back, he closed his eyes. He hadn't felt this bad when he got up this morning. Now, it was like all his energy had been sucked out of him.

Fuck!

That fucking cough from the last couple days finally decided to step up its game.

Hot chills ran over him as he opened the door, grabbed his bag and got out. He swayed as he got to his feet. Things got fuzzy.

He squeezed his eyes shut then opened them again forcing them to focus. He just needed to make it until the end of classes. Then he'd be fine.

He locked the door and shut it as he coughed again. This time he came up with gunk. He spit it out before heading across the parking lot.

He moved through the hallways on autopilot not really noticing the people around him. When he stepped out into the courtyard, he was roasting and wanting to take off his jacket.

As he got closer to the table, Isaiah spotted him.

"Zach, you look like shit," Isaiah announced.

Everyone turned and him as he leaned against the table.

"I'm fine," he growled before he broke into wet coughs that shook his body and made his lungs raw.

A small cold hand touched his face.

Only Lein had that small comforting hands, so he let it there. It felt really good.

"Zach, you're burning up," Lein said as he moved his hand to cup his cheek.

He shook his head. "It's just the flu." He reached up and held Lein's hand to his face. "Your hand is freezing."

Why was Lein so cold? Didn't he bring his gloves? Where were mine?

"And it feels good, doesn't it?" Lein asked pointedly.

He opened his eyes and eyed him.

What was he talking about? It always felt good when he touched me.

"That means you have a fever, Tough Guy."

Oh... he... that name... He took Lein's hand off his face.

"I... it's just hot out..." he tried again, his head starting to pound.

"It's January. You're going home, Zach," Mace ordered in his 'don't argue' voice.

He shot him a look telling him to back off wordlessly.

"I'm not sick. I'm fine," he snarled, pushing away from the table.

He walked out of the courtyard and into a hall. He swerved a bit but caught himself. He closed his eyes hard and opened them, forcing them to focus.

"You can't even walk in a straight line!" Easton shot at him.

He flipped him off over his shoulder.

"Come on, I'll make you Mila's soup if you go home," Ayden tried.

"Fuck off," he snapped, getting irritated.

He didn't need to be taken care of, he was fine.

Isaiah hurried around him to block his path. "I'll take you home now, and Easton will bring your Jeep home for you."