Start Line

Megumi's P.O.V

Later, I was standing in front of Battle Center B along with other examinees waiting for the exam to start. I could also see in the crowd the annoying watermelon-head girl, the muttering broccoli-haired boy and the arrogant four-eyes guy. This would be interesting.

"Okay, start!", we all suddenly heard. We looked up to see Present Mic from a tower ordering us to start with no previous warning. "What's wrong?", he asked us. "There are no countdowns in real fights! Run, run! The die has been cast, you know!", he pointed out. Okay, that's true. Time to head to work. Immediately, I began running through the gates but I wasn't the only one; so had almost everyone else. We ran through the streets as fast as we could.

Well, actually, I was holding back on my speed to save energy but the others looked like they were giving it their all. I noticed that the broccoli boy was miles behind us but I didn't care. It wasn't my problem! Eventually, we all split up in different directions and at different paces. As I continued running, I ran into a 2-pointer. I wasted no time activating my full speed. I ran up its back before it could even fathom what was happening and activated Ocular Projection onto my right arm smashing the robot to pieces.

This was the similar process as I kept tearing through robots. "Six minutes and two seconds left!", I heard Present Mic yell. There were other people fighting all around me as well and robots were getting smashed everywhere. I wasted no time getting to the robots before someone else would. Just as I had crushed another robot, suddenly, the ground started shaking and dust rose from a not-so-far distance. Everyone stopped to look. I had a feeling U.A. was about to show us their true colors.

A green robot that was probably fifty or more times the size of all the other ones appeared in front of us. Holy-! This was probably the one Present Mic told us to avoid. Others around me were running and I was about to too until I saw something that made me stop in my tracks. Round-face was stuck under the rubble! "Less than two minutes left!", Present Mic announced. Aww, crap! I was about to do something but someone else beat me to it.

It was broccoli boy, flying through the air; he delivered an insane punch to the robot that crushed it. As the robot exploded, I ran to the girl and used my Quirk to help her out of the rubble and to a safer place. Then, I turned to the unfolding scene with just one question on my mind. 'What sort of Quirk does this kid have?' The punch he delivered had power beyond comprehension. I could even see it had detriment on him as his arm was badly damaged.

The whole place went silent except the sound of the exploding robot. "One minute left!", Present Mic yelled but no one cared at the time. Before we knew it, the boy started falling from his height...but it didn't look like he was going to be able to land. The girl I was helping suddenly sprinted forward. She climbed on top of a broken robot and touched it making it float. It was that Quirk of hers again which I had a clue of but still didn't completely understand.

Suddenly, she slapped him across the face just as he was about to hit the ground. Ooh, that's gonna hurt. She stopped him in mid-air just as he was about to fall to his impending demise. However, it looked like she was trying her hardest to control both him and the robot she was on at the same time. "Release", she muttered and they all landed on the floor clearly exhausted. The result wasn't exactly pretty; the girl threw up and the boy fell unconscious.

The boy soon started crawling on the ground desperately and just then, Present Mic yelled, "Time's...up!" Then, the buzzer for the end of the time sounded. I think I got enough points so I should be fine. I dusted myself off and returned my combat equipment to my fanny packs. People around were gathering around the broccoli boy and asking questions but I honestly didn't care too much. Soon, an old lady carrying a huge syringe as a walking stick came over.

"Okay, good work", she commended us. "Good work, good work", she repeated. "Here you go. Here are some gummies", she put her hand in her doctor's coat pocket and pulled out some gummy bears which she handed to some boy. "Eat some gummies", she told him. The boy nervously thanked her obviously as confused as all of us. "Yes, yes, you, too", she vaguely replied walking towards the broccoli boy. All right, who brought their grandma to the entrance exam?

"That mademoiselle...", some pretty-boy in a dress shirt began. "Is the backbone of U.A.", he completed. She is? I haven't heard of her. Oh, well. She walked over to him and observed him for a while before suddenly giving him a big kiss on the hair. All our eyes went wide. I was totally thinking 'pedophile'. "U.A. High's licensed school nurse...", pretty-boy went on. "The Youthful Heroine: Recovery Girl", he finished.

"Her Quirk is the super-activation of healing ability. U.A. can only go through with such a reckless entrance exam because of her", he explained as we watched the boy get miraculously healed in front of our very eyes. After that, she began healing others who were injured. When she was all done, they gave us all permission to return home.

I got back home and before I could even get through the door, Akira jumped out at me with his long hair scattered messily around his face. "Sis, did you get in? Did you?", he excitedly chirped. "Bro, calm down. It's going to be about a week before we get the results", I told him. My parents then came out and calmed him down. "So, how do you think you did, Mai?", my mom asked me. "I think I did great. I have a feeling I'll get in", I honestly admitted. Then, we went inside as I narrated how I saw Voice Hero: Present Mic. My whole family could hardly believe it. We were all big fans of him.

One week later

I had finally removed that hair extension and now let my short hair fly naturally. I trimmed the ends to make them straight and made it look really neat before adding some style to the scalp and just letting the hair lie naturally. It felt good to lose the long hair and have things back to normal.

Currently, I was doing some combat training with Akira in our family dojo. Akira always wanted to learn combat so he could try to get into U.A. once he's old enough. I love my brother and since our parents didn't have a problem with it, I've been training him on combat. I take it slower with him though because he's obviously younger. However, currently, he's probably half as good as me and I'm pretty good so that's saying something. He's also my ideal partner in combat because we just sync so well and have come up with various combo moves.

"Mai, it's here! The envelope from U.A.!", my parents called to me. At this, Akira and I both exchanged glances before tearing out of the dojo and up into the living room in a race. I got there first with Akira close behind me and I wasted no time in opening the envelope. When I opened it, I found a little chip which automatically activated into a holographic projection of All Might. "I am here as a projection!", he announced on the digital screen.

I put the chip down on the table as we all listened to what All Might had to say. "Mai Megumi, you passed both the written exam and the practical exam with some of the most impressive scores", he began. At this, we were all already beaming with smiles. "Your combat abilities amongst other skills are those of a true prodigy and U.A. would be proud to have you as one of its students. Of course, you passed!", he spoke. After a short moment of silence, he went on. "Come, young Megumi. This is your hero academia!", he finished.

Then, the projection turned off. There was a moment of silence as we all still tried to process this. Then..."Woo! Mai!", cheers erupted congratulating me. I was too happy for words and only laughed in pure bliss. "I'm going to U.A.!", I finally yelled.