𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐕𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐍

FANDOM: The Folk of the Air

NAME: Aven Vaughn

NICKNAME(S):

- Avi

- The Brain (Court of Shadows name, because he's smart and usually comes up with all the plans)

- The Prince's Personal Guard (he's not actually his guard, but he's always hanging with Knox and will do anything to protect him)

SPECIES: Faerie

AGE: 19

BIRTHDAY: September 24th

GENDER + PRONOUNS: Male, he/him

SEXUALITY + ROMANTIC ORIENTATION: Demisexual Homoromantic

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

- Wavy red brown hair

- Amber eyes

- Caramel skin tone

- Diamond shaped face

- Scar on right temple

- Several scars on his arms

- Athletic build (muscular but not overly so)

- 6'1"

- Black feather wings

- Pointed ears

- Greek nose

- Inverted triangle body shape

- Often looks tired

PERSONALITY: Cold, blunt, distant, dedicated, focused, smart. Most people assume he's just a stuck up snob, but in reality he just doesn't really like social interaction. He'd much rather spend time alone reading a book than having to go out. He's very independent, and does pretty much everything on his own. He's very strategic and logical, and always seems to know what to do. He's surprisingly good at giving advice considering how little he seems to really want to help people. He always tries to stick to some sort of plan or schedule, and gets annoyed if something messes that up. He has a strong drive for organization, and he hates messiness. If he ever gets stuck on a problem, it can really send him into the emotional dumps. He despises being corrected, and is so intent on getting everything right and not failing that he has panic attacks when he gets anything less than that. He also has somewhat of a short temper, and will often turn his problems into anger. He also keeps to himself a lot, and doesn't really let his emotions show. Because of this, he is often seen as very stoic and cold, but he can have a bit of a sweet side if you get to know him enough. He's also protective and loyal to those he cares about, even if he doesn't really like to get attached.

BACKSTORY: Aven lived with his mother in the mortal world until he was 6. Avi's mother never brought up his father, and- as far as he was concerned- he didn't have one. His mother and him would occasionally visit Faerieland and Avi was taught some about it. On his 6th birthday, Aven's mother was murdered. To this day he has no idea what happened to her- just that when he came home from school, she was lying dead in a pool of her own blood. He heard footsteps coming down the stairs and ran to the nearby woods, terrified. At that age he didn't know much about death, but it scarred him. He found an abandoned wood hut in the forest and lived there, foraging for whatever food he could find. Avi continued going to school at first, but stopped after the police asked for him one day and nearly took him away.

At the age of 10, Aven's life wasn't going very well. He didn't have much of anything to eat, and often ended up stealing as he was too young and too badly educated to know how to glamour very well. One night, while he was sleeping, Avi heard the crunch of footsteps outside his hut and jolted awake. He wrapped himself in his mother's blanket- the only thing he had of her- and peaked out the entrance. A Hag grabbed his small body and tossed him over her shoulder before taking off to Faerieland. He struggled at first, earning a scar on his right temple when the Hag slapped him and her long nail dug into his skin. Aven clutched the blanket tightly and sobbed, only stopping when the Hag arrived at the steps of a large extravagant estate. She left him there, and the doors opened to reveal a tall man- later, Avi found out that the man was his father. His father clothed him and gave him a room, but that was about it. His life was better than in the mortal world, yes, but it still wasn't very good. His father was a very opinionated and selfish man who seldom wanted anything to do with Aven. The best thing his father ever did was letting Aven go to school with the other Gentry.

The lessons were where Avi met the best person in his life- Knox Greenbriar. The other kids shamed him and whispered about him, about how he suddenly was brought to Faerie and how he was probably infected with some mortal thing. Knox, however, found him fascinating. Knox constantly chatted with- or rather, to- Avi. Eventually the two became friends, and have been inseparable ever since. People still whisper about him, but if they do so around Knox then, well, they've got a death wish.

Whenever Aven did anything bad, his father punished him. For every mistake he made, he earned a cut on his arm. As an uneducated child, Avi made many mistakes. He learned to be better and to hide any mistakes he might have made. His father never stopped the cutting, but it's gone down now that Avi is older.

INFO:

- He's down bad for Knox, but he never admits it because he figures Knox will always see him as just a friend

- While not actually a knight, he is good with a sword

- He used to hide his wings because he thought they were too weird and his father didn't like them. However, Knox saw his wings once and loved them, so he convinced Avi to keep them out. His dad got angry, and that was Aven's first cut

- He can fly with his wings. Knox loves it

- He's never told anyone about how he got his scars, and gets really quiet when anyone asks since he can't lie. Knox knows something is up and worries about it (especially when there's a new scar), but he knows it troubles Aven when he asks

LOVE LIFE:

- Knox Greenbriar (Half- faerie half-human, childhood and current crush)

RELATIONSHIPS:

- Leith Vaughn (father)

- Knox Greenbriar (best friend + crush)

- Lorelei Taft (best friend)