Chapter 2│Clash on the tracks

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

"The fight's not just about strength; it's about protecting what matters most"
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Amid the chaos of the derailed train, Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Pillar, led the Kamado squad in helping passengers to safety. The devastation was clear, but the Flame Hashira's unwavering resolve shone brightly.

Suddenly, Rengoku's keen senses tingled with alarm as he detected a powerful presence approaching with astonishing speed. His instincts screamed of impending danger, and without hesitation, he bellowed at Tanjiro and the others, "Protect the passengers!"

Just as the words left his mouth, a dark figure burst onto the scene with incredible velocity. It was Akaza, the Upper Moon Three, his smirk evident even as he aimed a deadly punch at Rengoku. The impact was titanic, and the force of the blow reverberated through the air, as the Flame Pillar intercepted it with fiery resolve.

Rengoku's eyes blazed with intensity as he absorbed the punch, his flame-infused techniques defending him against the brunt of Akaza's assault. The collision was a display of immense power, and for a moment, the two titans locked eyes in a battle of wills.

Akaza, still smirking, taunted, "Impressive, Flame Hashira. Let's see how long you can keep up."

Tanjiro, his eyes wide with fear and determination, watched in awe and horror as his mentor, Kyojuro Rengoku, fought a ferocious battle against the formidable Upper Moon Three, Akaza. The flames that had once symbolized Rengoku's strength now danced in a fierce struggle against the overwhelming power of the demon.

Akaza, relentless in his assault, continued to taunt Rengoku between blows. "Join us, Flame Hashira. Become a demon, and we can fight like this forever. No more limits, no more death."

Rengoku, blood trickling from his closed left eye, his voice unwavering, responded with a conviction that resonated through the chaos of battle. "I value my human life, and I aspire to grow old with the ones I love. I have no interest in an eternal fight, demon."

The rejection seemed to infuriate Akaza, his smirk replaced by a scowl as he intensified his assault. Rengoku's resolve, however, remained unbroken, and he continued to defend against Akaza's onslaught, his strength a testament to his unwavering dedication to humanity.

Tanjiro, torn between a desire to help his teacher and the knowledge that Akaza was out of his league, felt a pang of helplessness. He understood that this battle was on a scale far beyond his current abilities. The outcome hung in the balance, and as the clash continued. Akaza, relentless and determined, activated his deadly demon art, "Destruction Death." The ground beneath him quaked, and a colossal snowflake pattern materialized beneath his feet, a manifestation of his dark powers. He was in his element, grinning with sadistic delight as he prepared to unleash a devastating assault.