one

a few months after starlight...

-Omniscient-

Aphmau was in the hospital with Travis for a while, they asked a lot of questions but she didn't have an answer since she honestly didn't know what was happening. They ran tests on them both for a few weeks before they had sent them home to which Aphmau stayed with Sylvanna and Eric for a while, and Travis had moved back in with Dante.

"Welcome home, Aphmau!" She read a huge sign over the house she was supposed to come back to with Aaron, although he moved in with Melissa, he didn't remember her, nor did he trust her, but he had no other choice since he couldn't see, and was still in pain from the burn marks, even 4 months later.

Aphmau had stayed with her mom, Sylvanna for almost a month before she came back, just like she did after the lodge.

Her eyes filled with tears as she stared at all her friends who were waiting for her. Dante, Laurence, Travis, Garroth, Gene, Kawaii~Chan, Katelyn, you name it, they were all there.

"You guys!" She sobbed running to them and enveloping them in a huge hug. "I missed all of you." She wiped her eyes.

"We miss you, too, aph." Katelyn replied, and KC nodded eagerly.

"Come inside, aph, we made some food and cleaned up your house a bit." Garroth smiled, putting his arm around her neck, ushering her foward.

Once everyone has went inside, Aphmau was looking around to take in the home she once lived in.

Katelyn was trying to smile, although she still was a bit traumatized along with everyone else.

"Aph." Someone called out which snapped her back into reality. "Yes?" She looked up and saw Melissa.

Her eyes had a hint of excitement and hope in them. "I'm sorry.. he wasn't okay with coming." Melissa frowned. "But, I have the next best thing, me!" Aphmau stifled a laugh, before hugging her weakly.

-Aphmaus POV-

"How's he been?" I ask, looking up at Melissa with hopefully eyes. I know he probably isn't having any progress, but I can't help but wonder. "He's.. okay. He's been very quiet, more so than he was in high school." She sighed, swishing around a glass of punch that Garroth had made.

"I miss him." I stifle a laugh holding back tears. I can't look her in the eyes so i'm staring at the cup in my hand. "Aph, I don't think he's going to remember me either, I stay up at night.. wishing it never happened and I wake up in the morning praying it was all a dream." She was visibly getting angry.

In an attempt to make it not so obvious she was crying she laughed. "I wish I could have done more to help him, I wish we never would have went.." I can't control my tears as they fall down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry.. this is all my fault." i'm still avoiding eye contact, but she grabs my hands, holding them in her. "Aph, none of this is your fault. This is no one's fault. This is life and we have to accept it and move on.. I know it's hard but, you'll be happy with someone else again, my love." I wince at her words, it made me physically sick to my stomach.

The thought of Aaron never remembering me... was worse than when he "blocked" me and we broke up a few years ago.

-Omniscient-

Aphmau and Melissa kept talking to catch up, meanwhile Katelyn was talking to Nicole and Travis, Zane and Kawaii~Chan were eating some cupcakes, Garroth, Dante, and Laurence were on the couch, Kim and Lucinda were talking about potions and witchcraft, Eli and Celestia were relaxing and Eric and Sylvanna were having a conversation outside.