Family day | Kai & Nya

It was a beautiful morning in Ninjago. The sun had started to raise and the birds where singing. Everyone was up except for the Master of water.

Nya was in her bed, the morning light filtering through the curtains, gently nudging her into wakefulness. She knew that today was a special day, a family outing her parents had been planning for weeks. But as she stared at the ceiling, all she could think about was the lack of them during her childhood. She didn't really know them. It felt strange to her to just trust them and to actually have parents. She didn't knew how parents are. What they do. She just heared the nagging and the constant comments of her life and the choices she's made. She also thought of the tension that always seemed to follow her on these outings.

Her older brother, Kai, sensed her reluctance even before he entered her room. He peeked in, his tousled hair and sleepy eyes a testament to his own reluctance to get up early. "Nya," he whispered, "I know you don't want to spend the day with them, but it's important to them. And maybe, just maybe, it won't be as bad as you think."

Nya sighed but didn't respond. Her frustration and apprehension were evident in her eyes.

Kai crept closer and sat down on her bed, his presence reassuring. "Look, I get it, Nya. Our parents can be a handful sometimes, but we're in this together. We can make the best of today, okay?"

She didn't look at him. She sighed again. "That's not it" she mumbled. Kai moved closer, "what is it then?" He asks, softly. "Well," she paused and played with her hands, nervously. Nya had never actually said anything about how she felt now that Maya and Rey where back. "I don't know what it's like to have parents," she whispered, almost crying.

Kai put an arm around his sister and pulled her in for a hug. His chin was resting on her head. "I see. So that's why you avoid them?" He asks, carefully since it was a sensitive topic. He could feel her nod. Her bedroom was filled with a heavy, suffocating silence as she grappled with the emotions that had been building up inside her. She had always wanted a family, but the reality of her parents' sudden return after being absent for her entire childhood was more overwhelming than she could have imagined.

The brown haired didn't say a word as she cried. He held her close and stroke her hair. Nya's sobs grew louder as she finally found a way to voice her feelings. "Kai, I feel so guilty for not wanting to spend time with them. They were gone for so long, and now they expect us to be a family."

Kai held her tighter, his own eyes filled with empathy. "It's okay, Nya. Your feelings are completely valid. It's not easy to accept them back after all these years. But you don't have to go through this alone. We're in this together."

Nya buried her face in Kai's shoulder, her tears staining his shirt. "I don't know how to face them, Kai. I want a family, but it's so hard."

Kai continued to hold her, his voice soft and reassuring. "I know it's hard, but we can take this one step at a time."

Nya slowly calmed down, her sobs turning into sniffles. She looked up at Kai, her eyes red and puffy. She appreciated Kai's support more than she could express. "Thanks, Kai. You always know how to make things better."

He ruffled her hair and gave her a warm hug. "That's what big brothers are for. Now, let's get up and face the day. And if things get tough, just remember, I've got your back." With Kai's encouragement, Nya found the strength to face the day with a newfound sense of optimism.

~~~~~~~~~~
I thought i'd start the book with some sibling fluff 😊