Chapter 2- Homeroom Crush 🤞

Parker's POV:

As I walk in the school, I see some students and teachers. Some by the lockers while some in big groups, and the teachers talking amongst themselves with their coffees and bow ties and all that formal stuff. One adult comes up to me asking if I'm the new kid and I nod.

"Hello, I'm Principal Jones and here's your schedule. Since it is only fall, you have only missed a few chapters in your classes so I think you will be okay with fitting in with the other students studies."

"Okay, thank you," I said, getting ahead of everyone else to make sure I'm not late to homeroom.

When I arrived, there was about 10 people already there so I guess I did good finding my class. The desks are in ABC order so I looked on the chalkboard to find my seat.

I'm super glad, I'm in the back corner of the room, since the homeroom is q-s in last names.

I sat there getting out my books that I'm reading, I love my romance books. I sat them on my desk waiting for the teacher to say something.

30 seconds go by and more people start to show up and eventually I spot the paperboy. What's his name? I don't even think he told me it.

He comes to sit next to me.

"New girl, right?"

"Mhm," I nod.

"I don't think I told you my name. Billy, Billy Showalter. And your Parker I remember. Cool name. Just like-"

"Spider-Man. The comics. I know, my dad was obsessed with Marvel and comics so he named me after him," I said since it's a little weird having that name as a girl.

"I think it's cute. It's a nice name."

"Oh, thanks," I said, maybe blushing.

He gave me a friendly nod and then the teacher, Mrs. Cameron, started talking and we listened. But then I felt a tap on the shoulder.

"Yo new girl!" He said passing me a note. It read, hi.

I wrote high back and gave it to him. He wrote what's your next class girl? And I wrote back math.

Mr Johnson?

Yeah. How do you know

Maybe because we're in the same class

My heart flipped as I read the note. I guess I won't get lost going to math now I have you

Yup

The bell rang and we headed out of class with each other.

"So how do you like our school so far?"

"It's okay, do you like it?" I said trying to carry on with the conversation.

"It's okay, I finally got a new friend," he said.

I smiled. The hallways were getting a little crowded so we had to get a little closer. His hand touched my hand for a second and my heart stopped.

"Sorry," he said.

"Sorry," I said too, unable to speak, blushing. What's happening to me..

Okay that's all for today I think..'