THREE

Amber and Anika sat in the hospital room, the silence was deafening. Everyone had left, leaving the two half-sisters alone. The silence in the room was almost deafening, as if the two sisters were the only ones in the world. The hum of the machines and the gentle beeping of medical devices seemed to be the only sound to break the uncomfortable silence.

Anika shifted nervously in her seat, wanting to say something but not knowing what to say. Amber, on the other hand, seemed content to sit in uncomfortable silence, lost in thought. The two sisters had grown apart over the years, and the last time they'd seen each other was at their father's funeral.

Amber finally broke the silence, "I guess we don't have much time left to make amends." Everyone had left after Tara told them to give the two half sisters alone time.

"Look Amber i'm sorry for not being here. It's just I've been looking for-"

Amber's eyes were downcast, not wanting to look her sister in the face. "I'm barely your family," she said quietly. Anika's frown deepened as Amber's words sunk in. She knew she'd messed up, and the fact that she wasn't as involved in Amber's life as she could have been was something that ate at her.

Despite Amber's words, Anika reached out and grabbed her sister's hand, holding it tightly. "That is not true, Amber. You might be half my sister, but you're still my sister, my little sister. I love you," she said softly, trying to reassure Amber that their bond was stronger than blood.

Amber's eyes got teary as she gripped onto her sisters hand, "I was scared Ani... I was so scared" The ravenette admitted for the first time.

Anika sighed as she brought Amber into a hug a very gentle hug.

---

Anika was in the bathroom of the hospital washing her hands. She shook her hands and used the left over water to clean her face. When she opened her eyes she saw Roman Bridger.

"Hi Anika.." Roman voice was chilly. Well to Anika. He was wearing his ghostface costume with bruises on his face and blood on the side of his neck.

Anika looked down trying not look at him.

"Oh come on Anika you know those meds aren't working as well as they did before."

"Go away, I'm not really in the mood for this" Anika told him coldly, before turning her head to focus in the direction of the yells. Her eyes scanned the mirror, trying to trace the source of the disturbance. When she looked back, she noticed that Roman had disappeared right in front of her eyes as if he had never even been there.

"Help me! Help me!" She heard, Sam, yell before she came out of the bathroom and Sam came toward her grabbing her shoulders. "Help me please help me!"

"Whats happening?!" Anika said in a panic. Suddenly someone in a ghost mask came running at the them, Anika gasped before she moved her and the carpenter out of the way when the knife hit the wall. "Oh fuck!" She yelled before her and Sam started running behind a table.

Ghostface went to get them but the two girls pushed the table toward the killer making them tumble over before running through the corridors to see a cop. "Help us help! Someone's trying to kill us!" Sam yelled grabbing a cop.

"Where?"

Anika was in so much shock as she breathed in and pointed toward the break room, "In there" and the cop ran inside.

---

Anika sat beside Amber while holding the girls hand, and Tara stood beside Sam who looked traumatised. Judy Hicks was also there and so was Richie Sam's boyfriend.

"I've got a body outside on main and then you two get attacked here" Judy says while walking around in front of the girls. "You said the call came from-- Tara's number?"