YA Supernatural

HUSH HUSH

By Becca Fitzpatrick

"All this time I've hated myself for it. I thought I'd given it up for nothing. But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you."

Synopsis: When Nora and Patch are forced together as lab partners, Nora would rather fall to her death than put up with his elusive answers to her questions, his teasing, and his infuriatingly handsome face and hypnotizing eyes. It seems Patch was put on earth just to drive her crazy. But before long, Nora's defenses start to break down as her curiosity about Patch heats up. Why does he always seem to be wherever she is and know exactly what she's thinking? How does he know what to say to both attract and repulse her? And what is up with those V-shaped scars on his chiseled back? As their connection grows stronger, Nora's own life becomes increasingly fragile. Nora needs to decide: Is Patch the one who wants to do her harm or the one who will keep her safe? Has she fallen for one of the fallen?

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5/5
Readers: 14+
Spice: 🌶️/5
Series: Book 1 of the "Hush Hush" series *can be read as a standalone

Review: You ever read a book and your like this is the best thing I've ever read and then you check the reviews on Goodreads and people are saying they hated the book. Yea. I read this series twice (middle school and college) and I thought it was the best series I've ever read. I'd rather read this than Twilight. Yea I said that. Patch is in my top 5 favorite book boyfriends and he'll probably NEVER leave from there. I don't understand how some people don't like this book. I guess you either love it or hate it. 🤷🏽‍♀️

-

CRESCENDO

"Being with you never felt wrong

"Being with you never felt wrong. It's the one thing I did right. You're the one thing I did right."

Synopsis: Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora's archenemy, Marcie Millar. Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude, Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feelings that he is hiding something. If that weren't enough, Nora is haunted by images of her murdered father, and comes to question whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death. Desperate to figure out what happened, she puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations to get the answer. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.