20. By myself, mom.

Trigger warnings: mentions of suicide.

"WAR AGAINST DEATH IS WAR AGAINST WAR

"WAR AGAINST DEATH IS WAR AGAINST WAR."

Fyodor continues to dance with you as if police in riot gear weren't surrounding the two of you, with Dazai and the rest of the Agency following suit behind him. The male hums a Russian tune as he dips you down once more, before swirling you around back into his embrace, arms loosely wrapped around you. His clasp was hungry enough to start gnawing at your heart; it kills you, on flesh, soft like milk and honey. You sigh subconsciously at the clicking of guns ricocheting around you like an applause.

"Hands up in the air!" One bellows at you. You wriggle out of Fyodor's grasp and he puts his hands in the air. "Move and we'll shoot!"

You look around and find Dazai's face peering at you through the shoulders of the riot police. He nods, and you slowly raise your arms over your head.

"Step away from the man," The riot police commands as you inch away from Fyodor. You then disappear behind the police, where then the Agency members surround you protectively. A police officer reaches out for Fyodor to turn him around, and your eyes widen. You shout out,

"Don't touch him—!"

CRACK! The xylophone of the police officer spine wrings itself like a towel as blood pours out of the fleshly gaps, intestines squirming and squelching out of the tears of his flesh. The body crashes against the floor with a hefty THUD, blood splattering across the floor like a dropped wine bottle. You wince at the sight of his eyes bulging out of their sockets, mouth agape and pouring with crimson steadily, enlarging the circle of red around his twisted neck. The crushing and splintering of bones continues like a frenzied melody before it finally falls quiet. You all stare down at the body in shock as it continues to twitch and wriggle.

"Move out of line and we'll shoot you," The captain of the squadron regains his composure just as quickly as he had lost it, pointing the barrel of the gun at him. Fyodor hums as he walks with the police out to the entrance.

"Pardon me," He says. He turns around, and you look at his violet, refracting eyes. "(first name), the history book on the shelf is always repeating itself. Will you try to walk out of your own myth? Have you been dead from the beginning, I wonder."

Then he turns around and disappears into the police van. You bite the inside of your cheek as Dazai puts a hand on your shoulder.

"We came as quickly as possible after you exposed their address," Dazai says. "Gogol greeted us by the entrance and disappeared into his coat."

"I'm surprised he didn't try to make an escape plan," A woman comments from the side, her arms crossed under her chest as she tilts her head. You sigh.