Advisory

On the Combine Home world, Combine forces were being teleported to Earth, Striders, gunships, dropships, and other synth's were lined up for war, the Advisors knew that humanity stood no chance, so they didn't bother to send the full power of their army.

On Earth
Buildings were toppled, whole countries came crumbling down, militaries were either entirely destroyed or had little to no soldiers left. A U.S. soldier named CPL. Mark Thurall, was laying in a crater in the ground, after a large gunship was taken down, and almost his entire squad was crushed, the only people left were Mark's best friend, CPL. Tanner Boskovski, and STG. Bert Gunmann. Among the crushed, bloody, remains of what used to be his friends, was alien blood and chunks of gunship and Strider bits. Distant explosions told them that the battle was far from over, 4 Apache helicopters flew overhead, one caught fire from a Strider's warp-cannon. Mark heard Tanner yelling something, and a tank exploded, sending the turret a couple feet in the air, Mark ducked, dodging metal fragments went flying past his head. Gunshots broke Mark's state of disorientation, Mark took his rifle, and ran over to a pile of sandbags, where a group of soldiers were fighting. Smoke covered the unseen attackers, but the rounds they were firing told Mark that they were Combine ground forces. The smoke cleared, and Mark saw what and how many enemies were returning fire.