Prologue

(If you don't want character information and a teaser, skip to the next chapter)
Jaz has always been the naughty friend. The highlight of the party. Laughing, making sex jokes, making them all laugh. Always wearing black and studded belts and high top converse. A smirk permanently etched into his face.
Liam is the newbie from freshman year. He's the goody-goody. Except for that well, he's gay. Very gay. Has plenty of female friends. He's a nerd, he loves books. He's always happy.
Dave started with weed I'm seventh grade and was hooked. He says the trips are amazing. He's been chill since then. Before that? Who knows. Hes away most weekends to visit his cousin who lives by the beach. He loves to surf.
Jacob is quiet and deep, he loves his friends and will kill to keep them safe. His disappearance in eighth grade was only explained with few words, "I had trouble keeping my cool." Jacob is distant lately, looking into collage and trade schools, university and such.
Gauge is angry, he's depressed. He's disrespectful. He's obnoxious. He's loud. He hates "the man." He doesn't like the city. He wants to leave. He's quite self destructive. Brushing everything off is finally getting to him and his friends are worried. His attendance to school is getting sketchy, his wrists are getting scarred, his sleeves are getting longer; he light in his eyes is slowly fading.
These friends had their life planned out from collage to jobs to family's to rocking out with the guys to living out their days together... This friendship is being tested.
~-~
"Have you seen Gauge today?" Liam's voice was lowered and he shifted in his seat. "Nuh-uh." Jaz shook his head and doodled on the margin of his math homework. Dave shrugged and cracked his fingers, looking to Jacob. "I wish I had." Jacob commented with a smooth quiet voice. "ugh!" Liam sighed and stood up, pacing the living room, "guys do you think he'll be okay?!" Jacob rolled his eyes and settled into the couch, almost snickering.