Prologue

People walking down the streets of Tokyo stopped their pace in front of screens broadcasting the news, with the headlines saying '35th Missing Child: This time, a 5-year-old'.

"This morning 5-year-old Miyama Sao has been reported missing, she was last seen at the Summer Festival yesterday with her parents, she had run off and disappeared." The reporter in the screen informed the public, "Keep an eye out for this girl with this description, call..."

"People speculate this girl is another victim of the ongoing child trafficking case,"

"This case has been going on for 30 years, what are the police doing?"

"There's no doubt that said traffickers are professionals, and many believe they're a big and powerful group, taking children for whatever evil goal they have in mind." With the disappearance of another child, the media buzzed with theories. But most of all, everyone expressed of how unsafe they were feeling, the loudest cries were from families with young children all over Japan. Mothers and fathers, grandparents and cousins, were crying and protesting.

"What are the cops doing??!"

"Children are in danger!"

"We want our children back!!"

The news was also airing on the screens of monitors in a small and dark room, its bright lights were the only ones lighting the room. Watching the news in that room, was a 27-year-old man with a sullen expression on his face.

"That's another one..." He sighed, his name was Fujisaki Hisare, a certified detective. "Seraphim, is there really no other leads? There's no doubt that Miyama Sao is another victim of the ongoing child trafficking case," he said sternly.

"I've gathered information, there's a certain someone who might be help of us." A girl's voice responded, "He's a magician, a performer."

"A magician??" Hisare furrowed his brows, "That's odd of you to believe in those,"

"No, this magician is better known as the Omniscient Illusionist. Apparently, he's a know-it-all." Seraphim replied, "But there's a catch, he's a citizen of the Sunken District."

"-The Sunken District??!" Hisare stammered.

"I know what you're thinking, Fujisaki-san. But at this point, I'm willing to try everything for the sake of the children." Seraphim replied, "And if there's anyone who can give us information about these children, it's him."

***