jealousy. 🤗

It was an active Saturday night, and you and Cody were walking around the streets, surrounded by other pedestrians. Cody's hand was linked with yours, his grip tight. You were skimming around to see if you could find something to do, as it was late and you were bored. Suddenly, Cody looked to his left, noticing a bar.

"You up for drinking tonight?" He asked.
You thought for a second. "hmmm... yeah. Sure."
"alright. Let's go." He said, a small smile on his face as he led you to the door.

The windows had posters on them, showcasing multiple different foods and drinks, such as a alcoholic drink, which was orange and red, with cherries on the rim of the glass. The bar itself was very modern, with rustic features.

Cody let go of your hand, walking over to the reception desk which a younger man was standing at.

"How many?" The cashier asked.
"Two." Cody said, placing a hand in his pocket.
"Can I see both of your ID's please?" The cashier asked, as you both pulled out your licenses.
"Alright, you're free to enjoy." The cashier repeated, like he'd said it a million times already.

Cody led you to the bar, pulling a barstool out for you.
"For you, m'lady." He said, smiling at you as you took the seat.
"What a gentleman." You joked, as you both laughed.

A bartender walked over, asking both of you what you wanted first. Cody was a pretty seasoned drinker, so he ordered a whiskey. Meanwhile, you ordered a lighter drink. The drinks came out quickly, as Cody began to sip. Soon, you were both fairly drunk, Cody more than you.

"I'm gonna- go piss..." Cody muttered as he got up from his seat, slightly stumbling to the bathroom. Soon after, a man who looked around the same age as you took Cody's seat.

"Good afternoon... madam." He greeted, sipping on his own drink.
You nodded and smiled, just being polite.
"You have a very beautiful smile..." the man said, admiring it.
"thank you, sir." You said back, not thinking much of his comment.

The man continued to make small talk, as you got increasingly uncomfortable as the comments continued.

"Do you happen to have a-" the man said, stopping.
When he stopped, you felt a familiar arm slink around your waist slowly. It was Cody. You looked over your shoulder to see Cody glaring at the man. You looked back to see the man's expression growing slightly nervous. The man chuckled nervously, before speaking again.
"I- I really should be getting home... it was nice meeting you though-" the man said, leaving quickly.

You looked back at Cody. "Thank you." You whispered, giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Anything for you, princess." He said, giving you a kiss back.

He moved from behind you, sitting back in his seat as you two continued to drink.