Chapter 3

⋆˚✿˖°

⋆˚✿˖°

Another year had passed, and Anastacius had ascended to the throne, with the pregnant Penelope Judith by his side, soon to become the empress through their imminent marriage. The palace was abuzz with preparations for the grand event, but amidst the festivities, darkness loomed.

Ambrosine continued to grow, blissfully unaware of the impending storm. She played on Amelia's lap, cherishing the moments spent with her beloved grandmother. Meanwhile, Claude and Felix were attending to their duties, unaware of the tragedy about to befall them.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and Anastacius stormed in with his guards. Amelia, frail but determined, shielded Ambrosine with the last remnants of her strength.

Amelia pleadingly requested "Please, Your Highness, do not hold hatred in your heart for Claude"

Anastacius coldly replied "Hatred? Hatred is all I have for that man. But your words mean nothing to me, Amelia"

With a heartless strike, Anastacius ended Amelia's life, leaving Ambrosine in a state of shock and grief. Her cries filled the room, the echoes of pain reverberating within the walls.

Meanwhile, Claude, sensing something amiss, ordered Felix to return to the palace immediately. Their hearts raced with a sense of urgency, unknowing of the tragedy that awaited them.

Claude worriedly said "Something isn't right, Felix. We must hurry back to the palace"

Felix replied concerned "I fear the worst, my Lord. Let us make haste"

As they arrived, a scene of horror unfolded before their eyes. Amelia lay lifeless, and Anastacius stood poised to strike at Ambrosine. But a mysterious white barrier appeared, shielding her from harm.

Claude was filled with rage "Anastacius! You will pay for this! Just as you took my mother's life, I shall take yours"

Anastacius smirked "You dare challenge me, Claude? Your feeble attempts are futile"

Claude engaged in a fierce battle with Anastacius, fueled by grief and a burning desire for revenge. Their swords clashed, the sound echoing through the chamber, as Claude fought for justice and the protection of his daughter.

Finally, Anastacius retreated, leaving Claude with a solemn vow.

Claude seething in anger "Remember this, Anastacius. I will not rest until I have avenged my mother's death"

As the adrenaline subsided, Claude turned his attention to Ambrosine, who wept in anguish, clutching Amelia's bloodied hands.

Claude whispered "My precious daughter... Daddy is here. I will protect you. I promise"

Gently, Claude lifted Ambrosine into his arms, cradling her close. He rocked her back and forth, whispering soothing words in her ear, attempting to ease her pain.

Claude softly said "Shhh, my darling. Daddy is here. I will keep you safe. No harm will come to you"

Ambrosine thought "Even though I knew this was going to happen, Its still different to experience it in real life"

With each whispered promise, Claude's determination to avenge Amelia's death grew stronger. He swore to himself that he would not rest until Anastacius paid for his heinous acts.

And so, in the aftermath of tragedy, Claude held tight to his beloved daughter, vowing to protect her from the darkness that had infiltrated their lives. The flames of vengeance burned within him, propelling him forward on a path of retribution.

⋆˚✿˖°