𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6

The sun was setting, casting a warm, orange glow over the newly built outdoor amphitheater as the campers gathered for the T.D.I. Talent Extravaganza. Excitement buzzed through the air, but Y/N had a heavy heart. They knew the challenge was afoot, and the pressure weighed on them.

Chris McLean, the show's host, took center stage, grinning like a Cheshire cat. "Welcome, campers, to the T.D.I. Talent Extravaganza!" he announced, greeted by enthusiastic applause.

As the Talent Show began, the stage was graced by various acts from both teams. Justin's charm had the girls swooning, Bridgette's handstand performance ended in a comical disaster, and Harold's impressive beatboxing amazed the audience.

But Y/N couldn't focus on the performances. Their mind was set on one thing – Noah. They had made a secret pact with him to ensure they'd find a way to spend some extra time together, and Y/N decided that she would no matter what it took.

It was finally their turn to perform, and they took a deep breath before stepping onto the stage. She possessed an extraordinary talent, but this time, they didn't aim to shine. They intentionally flubbed their performance, causing confusion among the audience and the contestants.

Her act was far from their best, and their calculated mistake was met with bewildered expressions from the audience. They knew that by failing the challenge, they'd have to leave the competition, but it was a small price to pay for more time with Noah.

As the last performance concluded, and Chris prepared to announce the results, the reader's heart raced. The campers waited with bated breath, unaware of the reader's hidden motives.

Chris took a dramatic pause and said, "The last marshmallow goes to..." as tension filled the air. "Bridget."

Y/N release a sigh of relief causing confusion among her fellow campers.  They all looked at her as if awaiting clarification.

"I wanted to be eliminated," they declared, their voice filled with relief and longing.

Silence fell over the camp, and everyone turned to look at her. Cortney raised an eyebrow, seeking clarification. "You wanted to be eliminated?" She inquired.

Y/N nodded, their eyes filled with resolve. "I've had an incredible time here at Camp Wawanakwa, and I've made wonderful friends. But there's something more important to me right now."

Her gaze shifted to the spot where Noah would have been, "I need to be there for a friend," they explained, their voice unwavering. "This is something I have to do."

The campers watched in silence as the reader walked away from the campfire ceremony, leaving their adventure at Camp Wawanakwa behind. While their time on the island had come to an end, the bond they'd formed with Noah was just beginning to take root.

As the boat of losers departed from the island, the reader couldn't help but feel a mixture of sadness and determination.

481 words