𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲

The second i got in my car, i felt a sense of power and confidence, i was going to do well on this race and i was going to make people proud.
i knew a podium wasnt acheivible, considering this was my first ever race and i was driving an alpine but thst didnt mean i couldnt do well.

"And its lights out and away we go in barahin, the first race of the twenty-twenty four season"

the second the lights went out i was right into it. i put my all into the race, falling behind but coming right back up again. 

"coming up to the Finnish line, lando Norris, this may be his first ever win in formula one,  his teammate piastri behind him, then Hamilton, verstappen, leclerc, Russel, sainz followed by Alexa Norris, scoring points in her first ever formula one race!" 

"OH MY GOD. NO ******* WAY DUDE. WAS LANDO P1?"

"good job, we're proud of you. and yes, lando is P1"

"WHOAH **** YEAH"

i stood, watching lando walk onto the podium, a smile spread across my face, i was so happy for him. he deserved this.

i walked over to lando to congratulate him, but when i got there i couldn't focus. Oscar was stood next to him, sweat dripping down his forehead as he ruffled his hair. i couldn't help but stare at him.

"alex? lex?"

"oh what? oh yeah sorry, anyway P1?! Congrats! im so so soo happy for you!!"

"Thanks lex, im so proud of you"

"thank you lan"

i walked over to oscar to congratulate him

"hey osc-"

"i saw you staring, princess"

"what?"

"you can't hide it, love."

(short chapter bc school is annoying  asf and bc of it I have no motivation to do anything)