Chapter 2

Y/n's father hadn't explicitly rejected her plea, but he certainly wasn't enamored with the idea. As he cradled Ivy in his arms, he gently remarked, "Your mother was the rider in our family, not you."

Desperation welled within Y/n as she entreated, "But, Father, I have to go. It's the only path I can tread without stepping into your... intricate matters." She threw a glance of disdain toward Ivy, who, in response, reacted with a contemptuous snort.

"No one in this family rides anymore," Ivy chimed in casually before excusing herself with a half-hearted promise to prepare a meal. "I have to make some food, dear. Talk some sense into your daughter."

Y/n's frustration boiled over, and she unleashed a low growl, challenging her father's assertion. "You know what? I don't care!" With that, she spun on her heel and stormed up to her room, her resolve unwavering.

In the seclusion of her chamber, Y/n began the process of packing, her movements swift and resolute. The notion of having her father's blessing would have been a cherished dream, but with Ivy's pervasive influence, it remained an unattainable illusion. Defiance coursed through her veins as she concluded her preparations and stretched out upon her bed.

Her eyes, locked upon the sky that was painted in hues of dark crimson and soft pink as evening descended, held a glint of determination. There was a chance to rest before embarking on a journey that promised transformation and liberation, and Y/n clung to it as she drifted into a restive slumber.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

The following morning, Y/n stirred from her slumber early. With determined purpose, she donned her coat and departed her family's imposing mansion, setting her sights on the nearby quay. There, a quaint sailboat lay in wait, beckoning her with promises of the unknown. A wistful smile crossed her lips as she boarded, her heart burdened by the memory of home.

Well, I always go where I want, she mused, her thoughts scattered like autumn leaves in the wind. As the boat began to glide across the waters, an enchanting transformation took hold. Wings, delicate and magical, unfurled, and the vessel was enveloped in a shimmering aura of enchantment. Before Y/n could fully comprehend the wonder unfolding around her, the boat ascended into the heavens.

"Wow," Y/n breathed in awe, gazing out at the waning clouds as they gradually drifted into the distance. Before her eyes, a magnificent island began to rise from the sea, its very essence tinged with an aura of mystique.

The boat gently alighted on the island, and Y/n disembarked, her heart brimming with curiosity. A peculiar, diminutive creature, whose form was unlike any she had encountered before, approached her and offered a disarming introduction. "I am Sitius, and I am here to attend to your baggage," he declared, making swift work of relieving her of her belongings. "Come along now; you have much to discover."

With a perplexed yet intrigued expression, Y/n followed Sitius, her sense of anticipation growing with each step. She couldn't deny the sense that she was stepping into something much larger than herself, an odyssey brimming with enchantment and destiny.