part 9

(this will be a bit of pov but mainly gc)

Noah's pov

I'm still in the closet, but there's not much point by now. Someone's already in the room, and they must know where I am, because that same person is opening the closet door.

While I'm still sat in that corner, I'm faced with Cody. I look up at him. I'm kinda glad that nobody's crying, that would make things so much worse right now.

All of a sudden, Cody comes and sits down with me in the closet, closing the door behind him.

I watch him as he sits down next to me.

"Noah, I'm so sorry," he whispers. His eyes start to water, but I can tell that he's really trying not to cry.

"It's okay," I whisper back.

"Are you sure?" he asks.

"I am."

He hugs me and I hug him back.

"Should we go back down?" he asks.

"Sure."

We go back downstairs. He decides to hold my hand and drag me along because I'm 'too slow'. We both enter the living room and he's still holding onto my hand when he pulls me onto the couch with him.

"You're way too fast," I say to him.

"And you're way too slow," he responds.

"So, is everything alright now?" Sierra asks us. We both look at her, then at each other, then back at her again.

"Yeah, it's alright now," says Cody.

"Thanks," I whisper to him. He gives me a knowing smile.

A bit of time passes and the others decide to go home. Me and Cody say goodbye to them as they leave. I shut the door behind them. It's then that I realize that we are still holding hands. I let go and so does he. Now it's kind of awkward.

"I'm gonna go make some coffee," I say.

Then, without thinking beforehand, I give him a little kiss on the forehead. I walk away quickly. I look back and see him standing there. A smile starts to form on his face. This makes me smile a bit too.

I enter the kitchen and make a cup of coffee. I also make some tea for Cody because I know he doesn't like coffee.

Once I'm done, I walk out into the hallway with the two mugs in each of my hands. I would have guessed he would have left by then, and he had, so I go upstairs and head towards his room.

I knock on the door with one of the mugs as my hands are full. It's already open, so I push it open. I put the mug of tea on the nightstand next to his bed. He is sat on the bed and smiles at me as a way of saying 'thanks'. I smile back at him as I leave, closing the door behind me.

I go to my own room. After I put the mug of coffee down, I close the door. I sit on my bed, the events of last night playing through my head. I take a sip of the coffee. I find my phone and open up the group chat because I have nothing better to do with my day.

Noah is online

Noah: is anybody online?

Izzy: i am :3

Noah: ofc you are 😒

Izzy: what's that meant to mean?

Noah: you're literally on here 24/7

Izzy: okay and?

Izzy: let a girl live 😤😣