𝟖𝟕. 𝐎𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

In Volterra, a member of the Guard escorts Irina to the main room, where the Volturi find themselves reading some antique books

-What a lovely surprise. - Aro speaks when seeing the girl.

He quickly analyses her before lookiing back down to the book.

-What do you want? - Caius turn at stare at the visitor.

-I've come to report a crime. - Irina takes some steps forward. - The Cullens. They've done something terrrible.

Aro shuts the book when hearing suck surname, finding himself in front of Irina in less than a second. The girl doubting what she just admitted is true or not.

-Allow me. - He smiles before taking her hand, starting to read each of her thoughts. The smile on the man's face disappears when seeing his daughter little boy that flies for a few seconds to catch a snowflake. Aro lets go off Irina hand abruptly, shaking his head. - Blimey. - He whispers, slightly disappointed in his own daughter. He returns to his chair, smiling at the plan in mind. - We should give the Cullens a visit. - He smiles lightly. - Put our guest in a room.

Irina is escorted by another Guard member towards another part of the castle. Aro turn to his brothers, a wide smile on his face.

-My beloved daughter will be by my side. - The man assures, walking up to the chair in order to resume his reading.

In Forks, the Cullens find themselves watching Little Cedric playing the piano alongside his father. Esme and Carlisle are playing chess. Jasper reads a book while Alessandra, Rosalie, Emmett, Little Lillian, Seth, Leah, and Thomas watch Cedric play the piano with smiles on their faces.

Alice enters the living room, holding a flower pot while listening to the melody Cedric has been learning over the past days. She stops on her tracks when having a sudden vision.

The woods, the snow, the Guard, the Volturi and Irina.

The flower pot slips from the seer's hands, startling everyone present. Jasper turn to his partner, shutting his book and approaching her.

-What is it? - Esme and Carlisle get up, Alice looking at Jasper with worry.

Cedric stops playing when seeing his aunt's afflicted expresson.

-The Volturi. They're coming for us. - Alessandra tenses after hearing those words. - Aro, Caius, Marcus, the Guard, and Irina.

-Son, come here. - Alessandra asks Cedric.

The little one obeys its mother and approaches her. Alli takes her son's shoulders, turning to Alice. Emmett carries his daughter, who hides her face in his neck.

-Why? - Carlisle asks Alice, taking a step forward.

-What did Irina see in the woods? - Edward asks his wife, who analyses the moment she saw the blonde.