How It Began

"Today's the day!" Luca said out loud as they were getting pumped up to finally ask Charli out on a date.
"Today's the day for what?" Light asks.
Luca turns around to see Light wearing a cute purple sweater and purple scarf for the colder season that was starting.
"Umm." Luca presses the back of their hand on their neck. "How do I say this?...I plan to ask Charli out today."
Light was stunned. "What do you mean? You can't go out with Charli."
"You're not dating her, you don't have the right to say that!" Luca said, taken aback from what Light had said.
"But then where does that leave me?" Light says back, with tears in his eyes.
"What do you mean? You've had every opportunity to ask her." Luca responds with slight jealousy in their tone.
"That's not what I mean." Light says defeated.
"Then what is it?" Luca says, reaching out to Light. They then put their hand on Light's cheek.
Light leans into their hand. "I'll be alone." He answers.
"How so?" Luca asks, confused by what he means.
"If you and Charli date, then I can't be with either of you." He said with a nervous stance holding onto his scarf clearly embarrassed that he admitted his feelings in this way.
"Oh. OH!" The realization was hitting Luca. "So you like Charli?" Light nods. "But you also like me?" He nods again. "That actually makes things so much easier!" Luca says with a breath of relief.
"Que?! How so?" Light had been taken by surprise by Luca's comment.
"Now I don't have to choose between you or Charli!" Luca says hugging Light tightly.
Light started blushing like crazy. Not only did he not understand what was happening, but also one of his crushes was hugging him. His brain turned into mush.
"Oh my gosh! Now we can also both be with Charli!" Luca says not noticing that they were still holding onto Light spinning him around.
"Wait!" Light says which gets Luca's attention and gets them to stop spinning.
"Oh, sorry!" Luca says.
"It's alright." Light says gathering his thoughts. "So if I understand this right, we're now together?" He asks.
"We can be!" Luca says with hope in their eyes.
"I'd like that. But, what did you mean about both being with Charli if we're together?"
"We'd all date! It's called a polyamorous relationship. When more than two people love each other and want to be with each other romantically." Luca explains.
"That's actually a really cool idea. Now none of us gets left out." Light says understanding the concept.
"Exactly! And we can tell her today!" Luca says excitedly.
"Woah! So quickly?" Light says nervous.
"Yeah. Don't you want us all to be together?" Luca asks.
"Of course! I'm just not sure I'm ready." Light responds.
"That makes sense. But this way we can get used to all of us being together sooner once she says yes." Luca says, trying to think about where Light's coming from.
"But what if she doesn't say yes?" Light says sadly.
"Why would she not?" Luca asks.
"..." Light doesn't respond.
"Is there a reason for you to think that?" Luca presses a bit.
"It's already been so long. Why would she still want to be with me?" Light answers.
"That's what you're worried about? I think if she'll say yes to anyone that would be you." Luca says to him. "You're the Light of her life aren't you?"
Light smiles at Luca and hugs them. "Thank you." Light says while Luca hugs back and gives Light a kiss on the cheek.
"I think we've got this!" Luca says.
"I think we do." Light says while looking at Luca and how excited they are. "We should go find her soon."
"How about now?" Luca says, grabbing Light's hand and dragging him over to Charli's house. The two now are both holding bouquets of flowers. Both with white roses and Light with an orange rose in his hair that Luca put there. Light knocks on the door.
"Yes? Who is it?" Charli says from inside at a distance.
"It's Light and Luca!" Luca answers.
"Really?!" Charli says excitedly and opens the door. "Hi guys! What ar-" she opens her eyes to see gorgeous flowers and her favorite people behind them. "These are beautiful! What's the occasion?" She says taking the flowers in hand.
"We had something to ask you." Luca says.
"Oh?" She said surprised.
"Yes! We want to be with you!" Light said, yelling a bit as if to just go out and say it. And then hides behind Luca out of embarrassment.
'How cute' Luca thought to themself.
"Hmm?" Charli says tilting her head.
"He means to be in a romantic relationship." Luca explains. "All three of us."
"I'd love that." She says looking at her new significant others lovingly.
"Why don't you both come inside? It must be cold."
"Yes please." Lights says holding Charli's hand as they walk in.
"Can you close the door behind you Luca? How about we all watch a movie on the couch and discuss more about how we'll go about this?"
Charli suggests.
"That sounds like a plan." Luca says while shutting the door and making sure it's locked.
"Movie Night!" Light says excitedly.
And that was how their relationship had begun~.