Chapter 74-Twin Arrivals Part 2 (Stephen Pearcy)

My poor sugar cookie is working SO damn hard to bring our twins into this world, he's just bared down and trying to push, his face red from the exertion and he is so fucking exhausted already. It kills me to see him in so much pain....it really does; however, he NEEDS me, and I am trying to do whatever I can to help him and distract him as much as possible.

"THIS SHIT FUCKING BURNS!!! MAKE IT STOP.... MAKE IT STOP!!" Vince screams, voice a mix of pain, panting and whimpering.... he does end up making progress and he turns to me fearfully, laying back a moment, "Stephen.... I.... I.... CAN'T.... i.... scared."

"Vinny, baby doll.... I know you don't wanna do this and are so damned scared and hurt. But you CAN do this, you must. I promise on my life this pain won't last forever.... though I wish to God, I could take it away. Sugar Cookie, you gotta push.... you gotta, our first is coming, ok?"

Vince manages a nod, eyes shiny with tears as once more he resumes pushing practically plastered to me as I coach him thru it.... this continues until at last...SHE, our daughter slides out.... wailing, red faced and so damned beautiful! And immediately she is placed on Vince's chest.

"S-She is h-here.... wow...wow.... she looks like...us.... your hair.... she is so small." Vince murmurs tearfully, laughing and crying both.

"She's perfect Vince, perfect.... Deliah Valeria Pearcy, we're so happy to meet you." I smoothed back her wispy, wavy hair. "Vinny, you are doing SO good...so good. I love you."

"Love you too." Carefully I kiss him, but soon...soon its time for Jamison to make his entrance and Vince is in so much pain, crying, screaming...begging me to make it stop, Delilah was taken to be cleaned and measured....and Jamison is being stubborn, because my poor sugar cookie is struggling to push him out.

"Almost there Vinny...almost there..."

"UGH...why wont he come out?!!....am...am I d-doing something wrong?!!"

"He will come out, I promise you....and baby you ain't doing nothing wrong ok? Come on, you got this!!" I soothe/encourage and FINALLY Jamison comes out, wailing and waving his fists in the air and he is NOT happy.... after a seeming eternity, Jamison to is taken to be cleaned and measured and Vince passes the afterbirth and for the first time at long last, he holds both our precious children in his arms and I sob, in joy...in awe. Vince is in much the same way as me.... I carefully kiss him, "---Oh Vince, we...we're parents now. Oh, sugar cookie, I can't believe they are here." Delilah and Jamison make the cutest noises to me, fussing.... feeling the warmth of my husband's skin, hearing his heart. I can't HELP but stare at Vince, because to me he is the most beautiful goddess in the world and our children.... god, i am grateful every day that Vince let me back into his life, his heart or we may not be here now, but we ARE. I weep without shame, touching some part of Vince.... kissing each of our precious little babies' foreheads.

"I was right you know?" I look at my husband curiously, "You're an amazing father, I-I...am SO fucking glad I gave you another chance, I mean LOOK at us. We did this...together you and I created the most precious little human beings. We love you so much Stephen, never forget that."

"Oh Vinny..." Unable to say much more than that, but Vince knows what I am to overcome to say and when I find my voice, "Talk to them Vince, you've waited so long...so long for this."

"Dreams don't compare to THIS right here." He whispers as carefully we once more kiss and he look down at our newborn children and begins to speak and my arms are wrapped around my family, "---Hey Delilah, Jamison.... i...I...its strange to think that not so long ago I thought that I wouldn't make a good parent, a good mother. I WAS told I was a natural at one point, but I never truly believed it.... until daddy. Thanks to daddy, I have the two of you. I couldn't have done this without him, I really couldn't.... the pain, oh god the pain was more than worth it, because I gave birth to the two of you. Its an HONOR to be your mother, I promise the two of you that you will never know anything but love and support, and that I will always, always be here for you...now, please open those eyes...and one more thing: I've waited a lifetime for you and now, you two. Me and daddy are a family of four." Vince and I are in tears, which is a given and we wait eager with anticipation for them to open their little eyes and when they do, I am in awe, both Vince and I are.

Delilah has Vince's 'sunshine through a glass of whiskey' eyes, while Jamison has my eyes. Both of my children are a perfect blend of the both of us.

"Their eyes, man...its like damn. We're gonna be in so much trouble when they are older."

"Maybe." Vince's voice is soft, but very much wrecked. Gradually they drift off to sleep, lulled by the most beautiful of music, my lover's heart and too I realize my poor husband is asleep, but before the nurses come to take the twins to the nursery, I gingerly hold both in my arms without waking them, whispering to my babies....

"Hey, its daddy, mommy was in so much pain and that kills me...I am so proud of him for giving birth to you both and more than that? I am proud to be his, to be YOUR father. I love the three of you more than my life. It took me so damn long to SEE what was important, to make things right...but in the end it led me here. You two get some sleep, you've earned it...if you need me, just cry for me, I will come running. Daddy loves you Delilah and Jamison.... daddy loves you both so much, already I am wrapped around your little fingers." It isn't too long after this, carefully the nurses take my children from me to be bathed and check on in the nursery, me fucking hating to be parted from them, but I take Vince's hands in mine, kissing him and he doesn't wake, but smiles somehow knowing its me. "I am gonna go call everyone sugar cookie, I will rush right back to you. The twins are in the nursery for a bit. Sleep, you've more than fucking earned it baby doll."

So, I found a phone, and made my rounds eagerly and emotionally telling everyone that I was a father, that the twins were born, and that Vince had been in so much pain...but he got thru it and was sleeping....

The point is I fell more in love with Vince, every passing moment the day my first two children: Delilah and Jamison were born. How could I not? It was really like that everyday since our reunion on our beach so many years ago....and that is still very much the case today. So very much the case.

Where you next find me, and Vince will be the next day when our family will officially meet our newborns. If you haven't already, have those tissues handy.

A/N: Delilah and Jamison made their official debut!! Part 3 to come soon!