Chapter 1.

~why us?~

I take a deep breath while I gently shield the curtain. The hall is full of people, and there is a great commotion behind the scenes. Everyone present. Well, not everyone. My partner is not here. It's not in Liam's nature to be late, especially when he knows how important tonight is for Mins. Both of us sacrificed whole days of school to learn the choreography correctly, and I, being always the best, cannot disappoint my expectations. I turn back, Miss Brixil is standing there. She was ready to tap my shoulder and warn me, but I interrupted her. I ask her:

"Are you alright, Miss Brixil? " She answers me worriedly, standing with a phone in the other hand.

"Honey, I know it's hard but... Alya will take your place tonight. "

"What?But what happened?"

She touches my shoulder, and tears start to roll down her face. I notice that Liam's number was dialed on the phone screen. As if a call has just ended..

"Mar.. Seraphina, Liam had an accident in his sister's car on the way here.. He died, my dear."
She blows worse when he cries, and I can't stop doing the same thing." I have an empty stomach and I feel like my legs are leaving me.. I have no idea if it's true or if it's a prank, but I hope with all my heart it's a prank. I can't accept that Liam is dead, and I can't accept that I won't be in this show anymore. It's not fair! Why is this happening to us? Right now? Why us? Liam was... he was alive 30 minutes ago. I even talked to him on the phone.

"My dear..." she opens her arms and hugs me, but I pull back.
Nope. I can't accept someone's touch right now.

I feel like every sound in the room is irritating my brain, including the steps that are coming towards us. I look up with tears in my eyes.
   A blond, tall boy, dressed in Liam's suit and his hair slicked back with gel, approaches me and is ready to take my hand and take me on stage. I do not understand anymore. Am I hallucinating? Am I the only one who sees this boy staring at me?

"She's Seraphina." She starts to introduce the boy and convinces me that I'm not hallucinating. Then he tells me:

"You will only dance with him if you feel you can do it. If not, that's perfectly fine, Alya and Nino will take your place. "

I look at Alya who is sitting at the makeup table and looking in the mirror at us... at him. He knows him. I've been thinking for some time and I still can't make a decision. My brain has gone crazy and I can't think that fast..

"And now, LADYBUGS will delight you with a ballet choreography. These young people have worked so hard to get here and deserve to receive them with some applause. "

Those in the hall start applauding after our band's name is called on stage.
The curtain is drawn, a sign that we have to be in position, so that's what we do. I can't let 3 months of learning go to waste. I will attend this show. i will dance Then I will lock myself in the room for the rest of my life!

Finally the music stopped and the curtain was drawn. I run to the locker room and take my backpack. I get into the first taxi I see and run home. I feel like I'm going to die alone in this huge villa, but I'm very happy that I'm alone. Mom and Filip are still at the show and won't be coming home soon! So good! I open the door, and scream at the top of my lungs, then I let go on the floor.

The floor is so cold, and so full of tears. I can't believe that Liam is dead and that I will never see him again! And I feel how slowly, slowly, I will be seized by a deep abyss full of overwhelming pain from which I will not come out soon, or ever.

I go upstairs and dive into the bathtub full of cold water. I lay my head back and close my eyes as I let the emotions run through my whole body.
I start with my heart, then with my stomach, with my thighs, and I can already feel them up to the tips of my toes. In my stomach I have the same knot that makes my stomach tighten and tense, but which feels worse than a fist or a knife stuck there so slowly by someone, that you could die waiting to die.