Toyota CelicaWill be Revived

Now, a glimmer of hope for the return of the Toyota Celica began to look again when Akio Toyoda admitted that he had actually asked Toyota officials to revive the Toyota Celica. "I'm not saying this because we're at a rally event, but Kankkunen (Juha Kankkunen, former Pereli who was invited to the Toyota GR Yaris WRC demo run) is Mr. Celica. He has won four championship titles with Celica. Now you can wonder why I use Kankkunen so much in rallies. We'll see if you guess it," Toyoda-san said. Toyoda-san isn't the only Toyota principal who wants the Toyota Celica back on sale.

Actually, the issue of reviving the Toyota Celica is not a new one. Since 2017, we have raised this issue several times. In fact, it was even narrower in 2021, when the patent for the name Celica had begun to be registered. Moreover, Toyota is indeed quite serious about working on the sports segment by echoing names that have strong historical and heritage values. Yep, the Toyota Supra and Toyota GR86 are proof of that. And the issue of the Toyota Celica is getting hotter after the official offended directly. Yep, according to the title above, Toyota Chairman Akio Toyoda immediately responded to the return of the Toyota Celica.

Previously, there was Toyota President Tsuneji Sato, who also revealed the same thing earlier this year. And again, this was conveyed at the rally. In addition to these two principals, Masayuki Kai, Assistant Chief Engineer of GR Supra, also stated that he wants the Toyota Celica and Toyota MR2 names to return to the production line. A little backwards, it has indeed been quite a long time since the Toyota Celica was mass-marketed for the global market. The last time the Toyota Celica was sold was the T230 generation, which was euthanized in 2006. And the reappearance of the name Toyota Celica is a breath of fresh air for sports car lovers, especially Toyota.o0- Thank You -0o