Awaken

A man stands in a blood-soaked battle field breathing heavily clutching his spear and covered in fresh scars. Dressed in rags and using carved bones as armor he was something ancient with his long beard and thick eyebrows. He drops the arm of a beast that looks nothing like anything in recent times, much more humanoid with 5 fingers but covered in fur and with extended canine claws. Distant growls and cackles approach as he knows the battle isn't over but he had no more energy heaving as tears fall from his eyes. He was missing one of said eyes the water mixing with his own blood, he swallowed hard and began to say a prayer in a dead tongue making peace with whatever divine being would listen... But as the beastly silhouettes approach with swords and clubs, their bodies begin to overwhelm with dark energy! They twist and their glowing yellow eyes widen in surprise as they begin to cry out! Their bones crack and break and their muscles stretch as they are forced onto all fours dropping their weapons and calling out in an animalistic yelp before running away...

A long time ago there was a great war between All the Beasts of the animal kingdoms they would fight amongst each other over who would take full dominion of the Earth. It lasted for decades...many lives were lost...but on the losing side of the war the creature known as Man decided to tap into powers beyond what any thought capable and cursed all the other Beasts turning them into the inferior instinct-driven Animals of today...however, the Ancient Beast had one last plan to reconcile for Man's curse...It was to transform the spirits of their own cubs in a sacrifice that created Human-like creatures so they could keep their abilities, infiltrate Humanity, and claim vengeance when the world least expected it, they would be the animals' last hope to take the Earth back from Man....But that was a long time ago...And that war was so far forgotten it might as well be nothing but pure fiction...

[Modern Day, Prime City, College of Central Prime.]

A young man walks toward the college in the cold of fall. it's orange trees and small wildlife mixed with concrete sidewalks and asphalt road, he mumbles to himself.

Leon: Alright let's get to campus...

Leon takes off his headphones as he notices the squirrels seem to back away from him cautiously, a normal response. The birds seemed to stare down at him from the trees, a little more strange. He glanced at them before shrugging and putting his music loud enough that it could faintly be heard around his neck. As he continues he runs into a friend walking the road toward the plaza. The boy was John, Leon's best friend, he and Leon had met way back at the start of middle school, Leon himself stood at 5'6, with shoulder-length shaggy dark brown and blonde hair, and yellow eyes. He was of African descent, he was wearing a simple black tee and tan zip-up fur hoodie with brown fur, brown jeans, and black and white sneakers. Now describing John; John was an average-looking boy at 5'9 he was three inches taller than his friend, he had short black hair, dark blue eyes, and Caucasian skin, he was wearing a gray beanie, white denim jacket with a gray t-shirt, blue jeans, and black shoes.

The two walked up and hit a little choreographed handshake.

Leon: Johnathan my main man big surprise seeing you at the same campus!

John: Yeah right it's the only fucking college in our city...

Leon: Ahaha! Yeah, yeah but still given how much of a kiss-ass you were in High School I expected you to transfer to some big-shot university in a larger city or something.

John rolls his eyes and rubs the back of his neck. He raises his eyebrows and explains his situation.

John: Eh couldn't leave this place behind...My family's here and I still gotta take care of 'em.

Leon: Shit, yeah...How are your sisters and ma holding up?

Leon smiles putting his hand on the guy's shoulder as he rubs his hands together looking off in the distance.