♧Hydro Dragon! Don't Cry!♧

[Neuvillette X Reader]

It's been a month, since Neuvillette and me have met. At first I always thought that Neuvillette is an extremely cold and merciless whenever he's inside the court. But boy I was soo wrong ever since I was freed from being the suspect thanks to the evidence that are accidentally discovered by the judge himself he didn't hesitate to conclude that i was innocent.

"Not guilty." The atmosphere in the courtroom was tense as the judge pass his verdict. Almost instantly a wave of relief washed over me as I exhales silently while remained sitting on the defendant chair. The crowd begin to murmur in slight shock and disbelief that I was innocent before I was silence by the sound of gavel banging. "Order, order, I say!"

"Court is Adjourned" with the court Adjourned by the judge, i stood up from the defendant chair leaving the courtroom only to crash right into the judge since I leave the room in a fast pace nearly running. "...?! I'm so Sorry...!" I hurriedly took a few steps back before bowing down. "... ...It's okay." Knowing that the judge wasn't mad, I raised my head back up nodding, though I keep my eyes averted unable to look at the judge in front of me. There was an awkward silence until the judge sighed before he spoke "is there anything you needed from me...? If not then please leave."

His voice was stern but gentle at the same time as if struggling not to scare me at all. I took a small deep breath gathering up my courage before muttering. "I don't know where did you get that evidence and... I really wanted to say Thanks..." he was slightly surprised by my words but his surprise instantly vanish in a second as he gave me a simple nod "No problem... just doing my job." Not knowing what else to say, I could only bow down excusing myself as I walk past him.

"Wait" out of sudden he called out stopping me in my track, puzzled I turned around to face him, tilting my head to the side a little. "Yeah...?"

"Your name...?" Not expecting this type of question, I hesitate for a second before mentioning my own name "(Y/n)" sadly just when I was about to ask for the reason why he wanted to know my name, there's a several guards come over to us. "Sir Neuvillette, The archon would like to have a words with you." One of the guard informed the person behind me as they saluted in respect... but thanks to the guard I knew the person behind me is called 'Neuvillette'.

Neuvillette immediately nodded at the guards before dismissing them back to their job. "I'll be there in a few minutes." The guards nodded at him before they went back on their duty. After the guards left he glanced at me as if telling me that I can leave now before he begin to walk away probably looking for the Archon like the guards said earlier.

After a several days have passed, something unique happened. When I was in the middle of clearing daily commission the sky oddly turned dark for fricking no reason. I hurriedly took out my umbrella knowing it would rain soon. Opening the umbrella, I quickly used it to cover myself from the heavy rain drops. According to rumors from all of the fontaine citizen, they said that the rain was caused by the hydro dragon tears.

Since the rain is pretty heavy, I glanced around searching for a shelter nearby, instead at the corner of my eyes there's a familiar figure that caught my attention. Even with his back facing me, I already figured it out. It was none other than the judge himself.

The rain was still heavy, but why didn't he go find any shelter? Feeling bad for him, I gathered up my courage once again as I head towards him with my umbrella above me, protecting me from the heavy rain drops.  As soon as i'm behind him, I extended my umbrella above his head also covering him from the rain.

Of course, he was shocked from being covered from the rain by someone's umbrella which resulting him to turn around facing me now "you shouldn't stay outside like this, You'll catch a cold..." There's a hint of concern in my voice as I mumbled while keeping the umbrella over the two of us, protecting us from the heavy rain.

"...!" Noticing there's a small tear on the corner of his eyes, which made me surprised 'is he crying...?'  My thoughts were quickly interrupted by his words "My apologies..." he paused for a second before adding  "Thank you."

I could swore that the heavy rain has lightened a little after he said that with a faint smile on his face while wiping his own tears off his face using his sleeve. Attempting to make his tears stop, I gave him a warm smile as I raised my hand towards his face, wiping his tears away with my thumb gently. Turns out the cold and merciless judge had a soft heart.