Key Players

A/N: Part 1 is complete! So, I think this is a good time to highlight and sum up the key players in the story.

Zenneth Swang Valgustus.

Age: 103

Race: Lightning Elf

Gender: Male

Orientation: Pansexual

Shrewd, calculating, and prickly at his worst - and deeply compassionate at his best - Zen has seen it all. He's been rich and poor, elated and downtrodden. An elf that lives in human lands. He's done a great deal of soul-searching to reach the peace he's found, and yet there's so much more he has to resolve within himself. In his professional life, there's nothing like the complete focus in solving a difficult problem.

Kevyn Fuego.

Age: 104

Race: Fire Elf

Gender: Male

Orientation: Gay

He says what he means and means what he says - a breath of fresh air to someone like Zen. Action-oriented, honorable, and brave by nature - though he's learning that things aren't always as simple as they seem. Kevyn's friendly to most everyone, but has only a few close friends. He cares deeply for his family and friends and would do anything for them.

Kara Nenonene.

Age: 30

Race: Human

Gender: Female

Orientation: Lesbian

She comes from a wealthy, influential family. Like Zen, she moved to Gardenia to find her own way. They got along instantly, and are now great friends. Kara is a brilliant engineer and is not afraid to speak the truth.

Chay Ferrier.

Age: 102

Race: Fairy

Gender: Male

Orientation: Pansexual

For Chay, there's nothing like a rushing melody and the energy of an enamored crowd. Or the dance of social interaction. One of Zen's oldest friends, and the dearest. He's a Fairy Lord, well-liked by his people in the Capitol, perhaps in part because he doesn't throw his weight around.

Brock Hamilton.

Age: 27

Race: Human

Gender: Male

Orientation: Gay

Growing up lower middle class, he doesn't take his scholarships for granted. He's a PhD student in history and journalism. An avid observer - and prodder of the truth - of Fae-Human relations. He dated Zen when they met, but they've since settled into a solid friendship.

Lula Coca.

Age: 287

Race: Demon, Blood Eagle

Gender: Male

Orientation: Bisexual

He entered the underworld scene about two years ago, under General Sion Nox's command. Sometimes congenial and self-indulgent, and other times vicious, he's a curious duality of opposing personas.

Sion Nox.

Age: 320

Race: Demon, Shadow Elf

Gender: Male

Orientation: ?

He's assembled a collection of proficient specialists from around the world to serve in the special operations of Empress Evita. Though his powers are diminished as Zen's and Kevyn's are, he has risen to prominence in his homeland, which he's achieved through a ruthless pursuit of his goals. Married to his ambitions, he has little time or interest in anything else.

Yuki Dokuyaku.

Age: 93

Race: Poison Elf, Yokai

Gender: Female

Orientation: Bisexual

Yuki is heir apparent to her family's tremendously successful pharmaceutical business. She's also a reminder of a life Zen left behind. They were very good at being terrible together.

Rafi Rashidi.

Age: 133

Race: Poison Elf

Pronouns: He/him

Orientation: Fluid

With family ties to the Dokuyakus, the Rashidis do quite well for themselves. He has a formal and cultured air about him. With his partial Demon lineage, even his allies wonder about his true loyalties, however.

Evita Bolshrog.

Age: 300

Race: Demon, Dark Elf

Pronouns: She/her

Orientation: Straight

Empress of the Dark Empire, which consists of many varied clans. Has successfully made her lands into a haven for the morally questionable elements of the world (that is - demons, humans, elves, and fairies alike). An icon of Identity, she is known for her unique and unapologetic sense of self-expression.

A/N: Yes, non-queer people do exist, we're just not following them as closely;)