The Mandalorian's Charge [3]

Glitch followed behind Mando, her arms held close to her body as she looked shiftily around she felt like eyes were following their every move. She hesitated as she noticed where the Mandalorian was headed.

Mando sensed the brunette's unease and turned around. "Are you coming or staying out?"

Glitch bit her lip. "I don't belong. I never took the creed, and I don't wear your armor,"

"They know you are my ward,"

"That's still not enough for some of them. I feel like I'm trespassing,"

Mando shrugged. "Your choice, kid. Just remember that others on Nevarro know the meaning behind your piece of jewelry,"

Glitch gulped as she glanced down at her bracelet, the one thing she hadn't been able to remove since leaving Tatooine but could at least disable the tracking. "On second thought..." she hurried after her ward.

Mando merely chuckles at her reaction.

Glitch watched as other children younger than her laughed and played with a Mandalorian helmet displayed, hiding their facial features.

Mando pulled her down as they made it to the Armorer.

Glitch yelped from the sudden shift in body position but knelt obediently on the floor in front of the furnaces. She kept her eyes downcast as the Armorer approached.

Mando placed the pay from the last bounty on the table with the Beskar.

Glitch's eyes moved slightly to gauge the Armorer's response to receiving such an antique piece of Mandalorian history.

The Armorer sensed Glitch's curiosity. "This was gathered in the Great Purge. It is good it is back with the Tribe,"

"Yes," Mando replied.

"A pauldron would be in order. Has your signet been revealed?"

"Not yet,"

"Soon." The armorer stood and prepared her tools. She placed the Beskar on the smelter and began to melt into a liquid. "This is extremely generous. The excess will sponsor many Foundlings,"

The Mandalorian placed a reassuring hand on Glitch's back. "That's good. I was once a Foundling,"

Glitch looked up at Mando.

"I know," the armorer said as she got to work on creating new armor pieces for Mando.

***

Mando flew his ship towards the planet where the rumors were that their target was.

Glitch huffed as she recognized the orange color. "Great, another barren wasteland,"

"Would you rather it be under Hutt's control?" Mando teased.

Glitch grimaced at the thought as her hand brushed her bracelet.

***

Mando glanced down at the fob as it provided a steady beeping.

Glitch moved, but Mando held out his hand to stop her from leaving the ship; a creature sprang out in front of Mando, causing him to fall.

"Mando!" Glitch exclaimed.

The Mandalorian activated his fireshooter, hoping to burn the creature, but it had a tight hold.

Glitch took out her gun as a shot went off, tranquilizing the creature. She moved towards Mando as another person approached them on a Blurrg.

"Thank you," Mando told the traveler.

"You are a bounty hunter," the man noted.

"Yes."

The man's gaze moved towards Glitch.

Glitch took a hesitant step back.

"I will help you,"

Glitch looked up at him in shock.

"I have spoken,"

***

"Many have passed through," The man explained back on his farm. "They seek the same one as you,"

"Did you help them?" Glitch wondered.

"Yes. They died,"

"Well, then, I don't know if I want your help," The Mandalorian declared.

"You do. I can show you to the encampment,"

"What's your cut?"

"Half,"

Glitch scoffed at the notion. "Half the bounty to guide? Seems steep,"

"No." he corrected. "Half of the Blurrg you helped capture,"

"The Blurrg?" Mando voiced, "You can keep them both,"

"No, you will each need one. To ride. The way is impossible to pass without a Blurrg mount,"

"I don't know how to ride Blurrg,"

"I have spoken,"