Deku's last stand

**Ochaco's POV**

We have failed. We couldn't bring him home; he's still out there all alone. The look in his eyes when we left showed his hurt. If I had to guess, he's going to do something reckless soon. I never got to tell him that I love him. I was suppressing those feelings, but I shouldn't have. Would he have stayed for me if he knew? Or would he have fought even harder? Would he have reciprocated my feelings? I heard from others that he loved me too, but I couldn't find out for myself. Now, we have to confess our failure to our teachers. We have to tell Eri and Kota that the hero they look up to isn't coming back yet. We told his mother that we—I—would bring him back, but I failed. I failed him, his loved ones, and myself. Who will save him while he's saving everyone else? I can't stop the tears from falling.

**Iida's POV**

I couldn't bring our friend home. I failed to do what he would have done so easily if it were any of us. He believes he is fighting to save his friends. He's always fighting to help us. When he went to save Bakugo, despite how poorly Bakugo treated him, I failed to save him as he saved Eri, Kota, Uraraka, countless others, and me. He saved me from Stain even though I told him to leave. He got injured but still tried to save me, even though I was the one who got into that mess. I was supposed to save him. I failed. Why did I have to fail? Why? Why? I failed, and it's getting harder not to cry.

**Todoroki's POV**

We couldn't bring him back. I feel like I've lost another brother. He's always been there for the class. The look he had when he left told me everything. He's going to end this soon. God, I hope he comes back to us safely. He was the reason I finally visited my mother. He's the reason I realized I need my flames to be better than my father's. He's a big reason my father is changing, even though my father will never admit it. My family sees him as one of our own. He was the first person I considered my friend and the reason I have so many now. But my mind is on how Uraraka is taking it. When he left, we all took it hard, but I think she took it the hardest. I would see her going into his room sometimes and just cry. I could tell they both loved each other pretty early on by their body language, talking to each other, or about each other. That's one good thing I got from my training. I learned to read body language, where I knew when my father was mad. Now that he was so close to being back in her arms, she would be broken even more. My sister is also going to be sad. She honestly saw him as a little brother. My mom is going to feel like she lost another son. I can't help but wonder how Eri is going to feel when she finds out. I don't envy whoever has to deliver that news.

**Bakugo's POV**

We couldn't bring him back. I couldn't apologize to him. Why did I have to be such an ass to him while growing up? What am I going to tell Auntie? That her son, the one thing she has left, is still out there. That a bunch of hero students couldn't stop one person, even when he was holding back so much. That he still was able to beat us despite not sleeping for a month. Then I realized something: he was going to be a better hero than me, with or without a quirk. He has something I don't have but want—the heart of a hero. I need to be more like him and realize being a hero isn't just about winning but about saving those who can't save themselves. I also need to be honest with the class about our past. I'll do it when we get back to the dorm. They deserve to know the truth. If they hate me afterward, so be it. Hell, I hate myself for it.

**Aizawa's POV**

I just received the worst call of my life. They failed to retrieve him, and when I checked the GPS, it was disabled. We had one shot to get him back, but we missed it. I'm walking to Yamada's room now. I knock on the door, and he opens it.

"We failed to get him back."

"What?"

"Midoriya, they couldn't get him back."