On the morning I followed a cat

It was a mild, misty morning,
On a crisp October day,
When I followed a cat,
Down a long winding trail,
I followed him closely,
As the sun began to rise,
And we wandered quite deeply,
Into the depths of my mind.

I followed the cat as he led me to think about the events of the past four weeks. I told him about the good and the bad, remembering the better experiences and creating new ways to solve the problems I faced. The cat began to walk again, and I followed him closely. The scent of cold autumn air filled the space around us, and the daylight inched closer. The trail brought us to a bridge that led into the woods. We decided to cross the bridge to hide from the dawn. As we walked through the gaps in the trees, the world felt quiet and still. He sat down on a log, and I joined him there. While we were resting, I looked at the cat. He was small and his fur was white with black patches. He was clean and seemed cared for. Suddenly, the cat got up and walked towards me, curling up in my lap. I softly petted his fur. He was warm, and we stayed like this for what felt like a while. I held him, and he comforted me as we made our peace with the morning. The two of us got up and followed the trail back to where I saw the cat. I said my goodbyes to my feline friend, and he wandered away. I walked back to my flat and when i arrived, I thought about the cat and our brief encounter. It was the sign I needed to keep on going. Everything was going to be okay. I'm okay.

The end