[ 009 ] the meathead's identity

LIKE YOU MEAN IT
CHAPTER NINE !

            "SO YESTERDAY WAS FUN

"SO YESTERDAY WAS FUN." That was the first thing that Eleanor Hewitt uttered when she slid across the linoleum floor of her high school hallways, right up next to Hazel who had been digging through her locker.

Apparently, Mrs. Callahan needed to talk to her daughter which resulted in the woman calling Hazel mere minutes after she and Nell had—done the deed. Hazel had grumbled the entire time as she gathered her clothing, shoving it back on in complete annoyance. She didn't want to go back home yet, she didn't want to face her mother yet.

            Instead of talking to Nell, of discussing what they were to each other now, she had to rush home where she'd had the briefest conversation with her mom before she was forced to endure listening to the squeaking of her mother's mattress and the grossest sounding moans from her and the ball boy.

            All. Night. Long.

            An awkward sounding and quite nervous giggle tumbled from Hazel's lips as she slowly closed her locker. "Really fun, very fun in fact. Could probably do it again."

            Great going, Hazel, the girl had thought to herself. Make yourself look desperate. For some reason, despite the fact that they'd had sex only the day prior and it had been quite enjoyable for the pair, Hazel seemed convinced that Nell would pull away. The fact that the Hewitt girl had ran for the hills after their first kiss didn't help her concerns.

            "You wanna?" Nell jokingly questioned her—what were they now? She didn't know. There was a time and a place for that and now as she jested wasn't it. She continued to feign seriousness as she glanced around with a shrug. "I mean, we could probably find an empty closet or classroom. It's not as if anyone actually teaches in this school."

            How she managed to maintain her composure was beyond her as she felt ready to laugh at any minute. The flustered blush that painted across Hazel's face and the quick paced, nervous pants that fell from her lips were so incredibly endearing. Nell found herself just wanting to pull the girl into her arms and never let her go.

            "W-well, I don't—"

             Nell chuckled. She reached out a hand, grabbing hold of Hazel's before intertwining their fingers. Very reminiscent of their first time holding hands at the fair. "Hazel, relax. I'm fucking with you. I don't actually want to hook up in a closet." She confirmed with a smile.

An immediate sigh of relief from Hazel filled the air. Her free hand fell upon her racing heart as she laughed out, "Thank god. I mean, not that I didn't want to. It's just that this school is gross and I don't really want to catch anything."