seven

seven; mother knows best

-Chloe-

Chloe awoke on the bus with a gasp, frantically looking around her. She was in a seat with Lydia and Allison, whom the strawberry-blonde was hugging and shushing the girl.

"Shh. Chloe. Its okay. You're okay." Lydia soothed. Allison what patting the startled girl's back.

"What happened?" Chloe asked, breaking away from the tight embrace.

"You passed out before we got the poison out of you." Allison explained. "We then took a knife and sliced your chest, which got the stuff out of your system."

Chloe nodded, just happy that she wasn't feeling the immense pain from before anymore.

The three girls erupted in small chit-chat for the remainder of the bus ride, ignoring the supernatural for a while.

But Sooner or later, the bus was emptied at a small, old hotel. Chloe scrunched up her nose at the sight of this place. It was unsatisfactory already, and they haven't even been inside.

"Listen up." Coach shouted, gaining everyones attention. "The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

Alas, Coach Bobby Finstock passed out the keys; Allison taking one for the three girls. They stood in front of the place for a second with Lydia; whom was aimlessly staring.

"Hey Lydia, you okay?" Chloe asked, putting her hand on Lydia's shoulder.

"I just don't like this place." She muttered.

"I don't think the people who own this place like it." Allison smiled. "And its just for one night."

"A lot can happen in one night." Was the girls answer.

They all walked into the building together, entering a decent sized room.

"Well. This is nice," Chloe stated sarcastically, plopping her bag on the one of the beds.

"Yeah, right." Allison laughed. "I'm gonna go take a shower. That bus was really disgusting."

So the huntress went into the bathroom; only to be faced with cigarette-scented towels.

"Hey Lydia?" Allison called. "Can you go ask for new towels? It says the room is smoke free, but these towels reek of nicotine."

"Yeah!" Lydia called back, standing up off the bed. "You alright here on your own, Chloe?"

"Of course. I'll probably go down to the vending machine or something. I'm starving."

Lydia nodded, and walked out of the room.

After searching for Disney Channel on the tv, Chloe eventually gave up and exited the room to go do what she told Lydia.

Chloe was about to descend the stairs when she heard a voice.

"Chloe," the feminine sound spoke. "Chloe, its me."

Chloe looked behind her, only to come face to face with her mother.

"Mom?" Chloe asked, feeling the tears in her eyes.

"What are you doing here, Chloe?" Her mom asked.

"I-I have to stay here for a track meet." She choked.

"Ah, still running, I see. To bad you didn't run faster to save me from getting into the car." The words broke Chloe as they were spoken.