Closure -2 (Ruhi Neil Birla)

Ruhi waited patiently as her mother lit the diya infront of his father's portrait. The flame flickered making it seem as a switch being on between the two worlds.

It was their morning ritual to talk with her father . And it definitely helped her feel connected to him. She relied upon this. No one could take this away from her. There was no fear of getting judged, getting abandoned. She didn't fear of getting scolded of getting cold shoulder. She didn't have to beg for love infront of him.
He was her Papa and there was no fear of sharing him he was only her.

"Chamgadad" Her mother started  earning a chuckle from Ruhi " Your daughter is going to start her residency in City Hospital from this Monday. She didn't join in Birla Hospital she joined there on her merit." Arohi said proudly.

Ruhi showed off a bit pulling her shirt's collar causing Arohi to smack her playfully. " She is 28 years old yet she is so childish I don't know what to do with her "

Ruhi tuned out her mother's complaints against her . Her mother seemed to share everything with her father. She was in awe of the comfort level in their relationship Chamgadad - Chipkali supremacy.
She wondered if someday she will have this kind of relationship with someone. But relationships scared her , almost everyone in her family were having toxic couples. The couples who were together were only for sake of world and those who were actually happy were like her parents . Was a relationship actually worth of this heartbreak.

She felt guilty as she looked at her mother. She didn't get married as she always said that she could not love anyone other than her father but nowadays she frequently thought if it was true or was it because her mother didn't want to make her sad.

She won't mind if her mother got married again but this time she wanted it not for wanting a father but for wanting her mother to have a life partner.
Ruhi could not be with her mother everytime. Her mother has always kept her happy now it was high time she did something for herself.

She sighed . It would be difficult to convince her mother but she would try later. She wrapped her arms around Arohi 's shoulders . Her eyes fluttered as she took in the familiar scent of warmth and comfort.
"This is home" She mumbled.
Her mother's gentle hands lovingly patted her head. Arohi took her palm and kissed it.

" Papa we both miss you a lot but we are happy. I hope you are happy there too."
She wiped a stray tear that got out of Arohi 's eyes.
As the mother-duo daughter left hand in hand Arohi mentioned about the coconut laddoos for Abhisha and warned Ruhi not to eat a single piece.

Ruhi distangled herself and stood infront of her in savdhan pose. "Ay ay Yo Matashree" She saluted.

Both of them broke in laughter at the same time.

" Ye kis baat par has rahe hein maa beti ? "

Ruhi grimaced. Trust this person to ruin her happy mood. Smile fake than WhatsApp rumours Ruhi turned towards her " Dida" . Manjiri and Akshara came walking from the kitchen.

"My child" Manjiri was to put her hands in her hair when she made her halt " Dida no , my hairstyle will get ruined.

"Abhir and Ruhi both are same , doesn't want their hairstyles to get ruined." Manjiri laughed along with Akshara.

Ruhi cringed at her grandmother's laugh. Was her Dida blind ? Could not she see that she and Abhir were in a cold war since years ? This washer grandmother's problem. She always lived in delusion.She indeed copied Abhir's dialogue because it would have created a scene if she said that she didn't want the woman's dirty hands around her.
It was on the tip of her tongue though yet one look from her mother and she swallowed the insult.