Deep

ZAVANI "ZAVI" MONTAQUE
📍IRONSHORE HEIGHTS
MONTEGO BAY
ST. JAMES

Saturday  9:30 p

Saturday 9:30 p.m.

I wrap my arms around her as sobs rock her body. She has being crying since we left the funeral today, I'm barely coping as it is and now she's traumatized.

"Babes, yah fi ease off di crying now" I whisper and she grabs onto my clothes, burying her face in my chest. 

I ease her off slightly as her tears are beginning to soak my shirt.

She finally gets up, eyes yes bloodshot, her face drenched with tears.

"Mi tell her fi go home ino" she cries, and my heart clenches seeing her like this.

It's a first for me because she's always has on this tough act.

"You couldn't stop it, she already mek her bed. Nobody nuh deserve fi dead but you couldn't save her" I tell her truthfully, not seeing the reason to sugarcoat.

Thankfully nobody left the scene injured, other than her. She was the main target.

"She did a try mek things right, she explain everything to mi Zavi" she tells me, wiping her eyes.

"Mi just wish them did get a second chance" she adds and I sigh.

Wish we coulda rewind time, but it is what is. At least now we don't have a target on our backs and Jhanelle solved our biggest problem unknowingly.

"Wah ice cream?" I asked her softly, desperately trying to cheer her up.

I watch as her eyes glint over and a half smile appears on her lips.

"Yes" she mumbles.

"Ah, ago link Bobby and buy some fi yuh" I tell her, easing off the bed.

"Yah go weh?" She whines, a pout on her lips.

"Soon fawud b, an hour the most" I tell her before she starts murmuring.

"Okay" she whispers, lying back down, curling her legs in a fetal position, closing her eyes.

I slip the partially wet shirt over my head, walking to the bathroom to discard it in the basket where she keeps her dirty laundry.

I walk out taking my car keys from her bedside table, walking around the bed, to stand beside her. Her eyes are still closed and she's breathing steadily.