01. - shabby sounds

💿 Fluorescent Adolescent - Arctic Monkeys
———
Soft droplets of rain slid down the big windows to Ziggy's, a small café bar located in Blackpool, which Isla worked at. With a quiet sigh she locked the door, ready to get home after a busy day.
"Issy!" Her lips immediately curled into a smile as she heard the cheerful sound of her best friend,  Samuel calling her name. They've been buddies since high school, Isla was the first person he came out to as gay and has supported and stood up for him since day one.
She immediately turned around, adjusting the hood of her jacket that had fallen over her eyes and greeted him with a sunny smile. "Sam! what are you doing here?"
"Have to make a stop by Shabby Sounds to get new drum sticks and decided to take ya with me!" He grinned while linking arms with her. Sam played drums since he was 13 and still broke one almost each time he played.

A couple minutes of walking and joyous chatting later they stood in front of shelves filled with different types of drum sticks and other equipment. Sam was rambling on about his drumming skills improving when Isla accidentally bumped someone else in the isle, immediately turning around and apologizing. "Im so sorry i didn't see you here" She gave an apologetic smile to the guy she now was facing. He had messy, curly brown hair falling on his forehead and dark eyes. "Don't worry bout it!" His eyes softened as he smiled at the freckled brunette.
"Ryan mate we don't have all day, would ya please get a move on?" Another boy entered the isle, picking up a pack of guitar picks before noticing Isla. His brown eyes widened before a big grin lit up his face. "Isla??!" He gasped making her laugh.
"Elijah!" She immediately jumped into his arms, squeezing him tightly. Last person she expected to see in Shabby Sounds was her middle school best friend Elijah Hewson. Back then, they'd spend every Saturday together singing karaoke, and even spent Christmas together a few times.
"You haven't changed one bit" Elijah laughed squeezing her back, his touch immediately bringing back old memories she thought she has forgotten.
As they let go of each other, she caught a pair of the brightest blue eyes she's ever seen looking in her direction. Isla immediately recognized the boy she fancied all middle school, Robert Keating. He looked completely different than he did back then, yet his eyes remained the same.
"You live in Blackpool now?" Elijah asked, making her jump slightly, caught off guard.
"uh Yeah! where have you been? i never expected to see you around here" Her gaze quickly went back to Eli before involuntarily returning to Rob behind him.
"Im touring with my band here, i told you i'd make it!" He grinned, running a hand through his dark hair that was slightly wet from the rain.
The rest of their conversation consisted mostly of "congratulations" and catching up on both of their lives since middle school. Not a lot could be said tho, as the boys had a concert to attend that same evening.
"Hey why don't ya come with us huh?" Eli turned to Isla after paying for their stuff. "I'll get you a spot backstage, you deserve it after listening to my poor singing every Christmas"
And thats how she ended up at her first inhaler concert, watching her childhood friends perform for the big loud crowd in Blackpool.