CHAPTER 10: ANNA GARCIA

Blake was excited to be back at school, but what excited him even more was the possibility of meeting new people. He had always enjoyed making new friends and he was eager to have new experiences. That's why it was no surprise when he saw Anna one day in the school corridors.

"Hey, Anna. I haven't seen you around lately," said Blake.

Anna smiled, "Hi, Blake. I actually moved to Paris with my family."

Blake was surprised, "Really? Why did you move there?"

Anna's smile turned into a sad expression, "My parents got a job offer which was an opportunity of a lifetime, but it required us to move to Paris permanently. We had to say goodbye to our old lives in Seville. It was tough, but we had to do it for our future."

Blake could see the sadness in Anna's eyes and wanted to cheer her up. "Well, I'm glad you're here in our school. We should hang out sometime."

Anna's eyes lit up, "Yes, that would be great, Blake."

Over the next few days, Blake and Anna became close friends. They spent much of their time together during lunch and after school. Blake would take Anna around the city, showing her his favorite spots and restaurants. He loved being her tour guide and always looked forward to seeing her smile whenever they went somewhere new.

Anna was a fascinating person to be around. She was fluent in Spanish, French, and English, and she had a unique perspective on life that Blake had never encountered before. She spoke passionately about her love of art and music, and Blake was amazed by her extensive knowledge of European history.

As they walked around the city, Blake noticed a shift in Anna's mood. She seemed to be holding something back, and he could tell that something was weighing on her mind. He decided to ask her about it.

"Anna, is everything okay?" Blake asked.

Anna hesitated for a moment. "It's just that...I miss my old life sometimes. I miss my friends and family back in Seville. And I can't help but feel like an outsider here in Paris."

Blake could understand how Anna felt. He had moved around a lot when he was younger, and he knew how hard it could be to adjust to a new environment. "I'm here for you, Anna. You know that, right?"

Anna smiled, "Yes, I do. You're a great friend, Blake."

Blake and Anna continued to explore the city, but he could tell that she was still struggling with her feelings of homesickness. One day, during their lunch break, he had an idea.

"Anna, I have something that I think might cheer you up," Blake said.

Anna looked up curiously, "What is it?"

Blake grinned, "I want to bring a little bit of Seville to Paris."

Anna looked skeptical, "What do you mean?"

Blake explained his plan to her. He suggested that they have a Spanish-themed picnic in a nearby park, complete with traditional Spanish foods, music, and games. Anna was hesitant at first, but eventually, she agreed.

The day of the picnic arrived, and Blake and Anna set up their spread, complete with paella, tortilla, and churros. Blake had even found a Spanish music playlist to play on his phone.

As they sat under the trees, Anna's mood began to lift. She laughed as Blake tried to explain the rules of a Mexican game he had learned, and they both sang along to their favorite Spanish songs.

Before long, other students had gathered around them, asking what they were up to. Blake and Anna ended up sharing their Spanish feast with everyone, and soon they were all joking and laughing together.

Anna was grateful to Blake for making her feel at home in a new city. She realized that even though she was far away from Seville, she had a new family of friends to support her no matter what. She knew that she would never forget this magical day in the park, and the kindness that Blake had shown her.