EX-1: Into the Unknown

"All things...

Are of two sides.

Outer and inner sides.

Good and evil.

.... Light and Darkness.

Yet things turn into their opposites.....

when they reach the extreme."

------------------

"Phew.... what a lovely day it is.... I hope it stays like this..."

Sabre said, as they lied on top of a pile of grass, sighing with satisfaction before suddenly getting hit on the head.

"Ouch! Nyaia, what's that for?"

"That's what I'm asking you!" The cat witch replied in an unamused tone, holding a hammer on her hand. "Look around, the Darkness threat was over long ago! There's peace now, and you don't really have to say it every single day!"

Realizing how they've gone too repeatitive, Sabre covered their faceplate with embarrassment.

"Well, I'm not angry with you though..."

"But still...." they said flustered, before remembering something. "Say... the kingdom has sure gone quiet..."

"Not really," Nyaia replied, "it's just that, well, La Marée went on some sort of 'hon-ey-moon' with Miss Flamare, so Do-Dottre took her place as a temporary ruler until her return.. And the Royalty Army doesn't have anything to do either. Poor Minotaur, he keeps bickering to me how boring his life gets...."

As Sabre nodded to her response, Nyaia put down her tools and began heading back to the treehouse.

"We should be going back now, Sabre! It's getting late, and we don't wanna waste Cyclops' offer for a sleepover, right?"

"...getting late? I swear it was still morning just now!" Sabre got up confused, and noticed the sky has already gone dark.

"I swear it shouldn't be this quick... I must be hallucinating..."

Sabre scratched their head and went inside the treehouse, but as soon as they stepped in, they found there's some sunlight seeping in.

They turned around, only to find that the sky is still dark, devoid of any light.

Then they turned back in, witnessing the sunlight again, and stared back to the night....

Then they repeated over and over...

Until they finally saw the sun out in the open, before abruptly going down.

"Uh... Nyaia? Cyclops? I think we have something abnormal....

As Sabre called out the others outside, the sky is acting extremely unstable, rapidly changing between day and night, as if time is accelerating.

Cyclops looked to the side, and saw that one half of his plant has rotten into dust, while the other half somehow bloomed until its covered in flowers.

"At this rate... it could mean only one thing.... We must inform this to the royalty, NOW!"

------------

WIthin the Mecharia castle, Do-Dottre just finished his comms with Master Leviathan in Fortisia, informing them about the situation of the weirdness within the current world. Snipe was standing by his side, and soon notified him upon witnessing Sabee and co. rushing through the corridors.

The general then approached his friends.

"You guys saw that too right..?"

"Yeah... not just the sky... the things around has gone weird too as if everything is split into half, fighting for control..."