1|candy kiss

tsukasa and rui were having lunch together on the rooftop as usual. talking about show ideas and recent interests. they have been planning to have rui sleepover at tsukasa his house, to talk there further about their brain rot.

right now, a comfortable silence was hanging in the air. the only sounds on the roof were the wind, birds and the sound of them eating.

they had traded their lunch once again. rui being per usual not a fan of vegetables and tsukasa being a way too nice person.

'this is the last time, rui!'

he says it every time but rui knows that tomorrow he will eat pork again for lunch. he is not that terrible though and feeds tsukasa his own food as well

today, rui had brought something in return for the many times tsukasa has given him his lunch.

so, rui puts the yellow lunchbox on the ground and reaches for his plastic bag. beneath all the mechanical parts and other unimportant things he saw the thing he was trying to find(he hates veggies.)

"rui?" tsukasa called out his name in confusion as he watched rui grab a massive jar with a ton of lollipops inside of it. "why do you have that? that's a lot of sugar!"

rui smiled sheepishly at the blonde before opening the lid.

"a gift for my dearest friend and star actor; tsukasa-kun of course!" he said and brought the jar towards tsukasa. "pick one."

tsukasa looked a bit suspiciously at his stage director but listened nonetheless and grabbed the orange flavored lollipop. it is his favorite candy flavor along with lemon.

rui himself grabbed the strawberry vanilla one and closed the jar again.

tsukasa frowned at the orange lollipop. he hates unwrapping them.he sighed before starting to twist it around, an attempt to unwrap it. "why do you casually carry a jar full of lollipops?" he asks.

"ah, my mother went to the supermarket the other day.. she usually visits the candy store on her way back." rui said and unwrapped the lollipop much easier than tsukasa did.

he took a lick of his strawberry vanilla flavored one before continuing. "apparently there was a discount for usual customers. three jars for 1200¥."

"HUH? FOR THREE OF—" tsukasa dramatically pointed and motioned to the enormous jar. "1200¥ FOR THAT MUCH??!"

rui chuckled before nodding his head. he had counted the amount of lollies inside of the jar and it was around.. 39 lollipops of different flavors. it is different for each jar though, the other one has 45 and then the other other one.. he is yet to count it.

"tsukasa-kun~"

he hummed in response to hearing his name. he had given up on the lollipop and put it in the pocket of his cardigan instead. he will ask saki to open it for him because she is a professional at it.

"are you familiar with the.. candy tasting challenge?" rui asked, slowly but surely his face heated up.

'why did i bring that up?' he thought to himself and decided to distract himself by putting the lollipop in his mouth again.

"hmm.. yes, i actually am!" tsukasa answered loudly and proudly. "saki used to talk to me about this manga where the couple did such a challenge!"

rui hummed and decided to stay quiet. it would be awkward and embarrassing to continue the conversation from here on, because he knows once tsukasa asks he cannot lie.

"why?"

tsukasa-kun and his damn curiosity.

"ah.. uhm.." rui started laughing nervously, only making tsukasa more and more nervous with every second passing. "iwantedtotrythechallegewithyou." he said quickly before quickly going back to sucking the lollipop.