Prologue

3rd person POV

"Is it ready?"

"Yes. It seems stable"

Two dragons looked at each other with a mix of different emotions in their eyes. It was the middle of the night, and they were in a cave somewhere in the Old Night Kingdom. They were partially hidden by the dark, while an egg stood on a big rock in torchlight. Suddenly, one of the dragons stepped forward and the light iluminated his face.

"Good job Chaosbringer" Darkstalker said to the other dragon, a small male Nightwing with a black quartz necklace.

"Thank you Boss!" Chaosbringer replied, visibly proud of himself. His heterochromatic eyes followed the seer dragon, one red and the other pitch black.

"Now, time to put it somewhere it won't be disturbed. We don't want Clearsight or Fathom finding out about it, do we?" Darkstalker suggested while looking at the egg intently. It was white with tiny spots of bright color here and there, as if someone painting the egg white missed them.

"But how will we keep it stable until it's time?" Chaosbringer asked curiously. He knew his amazing boss will find out a solution very quick and couldn't help but to feel excited. Their plan is being set into motion!

"Good question," Chaosbringer smiled at the praise. "And an even better answer. I'll enchant it to hatch when the time is right. When it does, Pyrhhia will know the true power of Darkstalker!"

"Your plan is magnificent, Boss!" The smaller Nightwing said in full honesty. "But I have one last question."

"What is it?" Darkstalker inquired impatiently while staring at the egg.

"Will we name it?"

Darkstalker moved his gaze onto Chaosbringer, making the smaller dragon shiver.

"I didn't think think of that, but now that you say it, it seems like not a bad idea." The large animus answered, deep in thought, while the small Nightwing felt overwhelming joy. He helped the plan! His idea was appreciated by his amazing boss!

"What will we name it then?" Chaosbringer asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I have a few ideas. Maybe Beyond, or Dragonsbane, Omnis also sounds good..." Darkstalker muttered under his breath.

"Umm, Boss? I think I've got a good name idea" Chaosbringer said shyly, as if he was afraid of being scolded.

"Go on"

"How about Despair?"

Darkstalker sat silent for a few minutes, thinking. He then grinned and moved to stare at the egg.

"Huh, Despair, sounds nice. The little one will bring it to the continent, tearing it apart. It feels right."

The animus then pulled out his scroll and written something on the paper, after which he hid it in his pouch.

"You go first. Make sure they don't know about it. I'll go hide it."

"On it, Boss!" Chaosbringer replied, after which he got out of the cave and flew in the direction of The City of Night.

Darkstalker then grabbed the egg, extinguished the torch and took of in the direction of a large mountain. He flied around for a minute, before finding a good spot and making a hole, which he put the egg in. 

"Give them hell, Despair" He said before burying the egg underground.

________________________________________________________________________________

Here you go, my long awaited WoF fanfic. I posted it now just because you asking for new chapters should be more than enough motivation for me to keep going. 

Credit to my best friend Luna101225 for giving me an idea for this, and for talking to me for hours about the plot

Updates whenever

Have a nice existence!