Chapter 20:

Theo:

Mattheo and I are barely leaving our dorm these days. We understand why Dumbledore can not help us but the fear of getting caught by Tom keeps us up at night.
Still something changed after Mattheo visited Dumbledore. After everything Dumbledore told him he seems to be hopeful again. When we are alone he talks about our future and how he will do anything possible to keep us out of his father's plans.

"Before he gets to force us to fight I will make your dream come true. I will buy us a house at the beach and you will get your puppy. He won't get us. No one will. It is you and me against the world." he tells me while we are sitting on his bed. I am resting my head against his chest and holding his hands in mine. There is a peaceful silence. Both of us daysdreaming about what could be until our door swings open and we both freeze in shock. Just to realize it is Pansy walking in.
"Enough cuddle time you two. It is party time!" she shouts throwing her hands up in the air.
"Uhhm I really don't know Pans... I'd rather just stay here." I mumble resting my head back against Matt's chest again. She pouts.
"No, no, no you can't leave me hanging guys! I have planned this party so well! Come on!" she begs and pouts even more.
"Fine." I agree, sigh and slowly get up as Mattheo does the same. We follow Pansy down to the common room where the people are already arriving. Luckily Tom is nowhere in sight.
"Shots. Shots. Shots." Enzo shouts while handing out shots to everyone including us.
Soon the room is crowded and everyone starts to get drunk.
"Let's play a drinking game." Enzo suggests and most people agree.
"Truth or dare." Pansy announces.
The bottle spins and there is alot of kissing going on. Many girls daring their friends to kiss Mattheo and with each kiss I clench my fist even stronger and drink even more. I don't realize how much I already drunk until Mattheo plops down besides me and glares at the bottle infront of me.
"Oh shit did you empty an entire bottle firewhiskey?" he asks in shock.
"Don't care." I mumble not really able to talk straight. Everything around me is a blurr.
I barely recognize what is going on around me.
"No I don't want to kiss anyone anymore." I hear Mattheo say loudly.
"Hey Nott, stay awake." Is the next thing he says while gently slapping my cheek.
"Oh shit. He is almost passing out." I hear Pansy say from somewhere far away.
"Let's get going, Nott." Mattheo whispers in my ear.
"Whatever you say, daddy." I reply.
"Has he lost his mind?" Blaise asks.
I feel strong arms picking me up and carrying me somewhere.

It takes sometime until I wake up again and I still feel a little bit blurry.
"Merlin, you're finally awake." I hear Mattheo say. His voice sounds relieved.
"As if you care." I mumble suddenly holding back tears.
"What?" he asks confused.
"Well, you didn't care about me when you snogged with all those girls..." I tell him bluntly.
"Theodore... that were dares. Cover ups.. I thought by now you would know you are the only one I truly care for and love." he says sounding like a helpless puppy.
"I know, I know but it is just so hard. I just wish we could show the world." I admid whiping the tear away that rolled down my cheek. Mattheo comes closer and takes my hand.
"My love, there is nothing I wish more to do. But we can't. Not now. You are the only one my heart desires." he assures me and kisses the back of my hand gently.
"But first I have to do something I wanted to do for a long time..." he adds.
I sit up slightly nervous about what is going to happen. He won't break up with me, right?
Instead he gets on one knee still holding on to my hand.
"I never had the guts to ask you before. But I need to know. Will you be my boyfriend? Like offically? Just you and me?" he proposes.
"Of course I will. I mean not that we weren't before. But I like the sound of offically." I reply and pull him into a deep kiss.
"Boyfriends." I say with a big smile on my face.
"Boyfriends." he repeats with a smile just as big as mine.
"And we'll be out to the public as soon as possible." he promises.

__________________________________

I am so sorry if there will be breaks between the mext chapters <3 Uni has started again and it keeps me really busy🥺 I will still try to upload as often as possible xx