2010

2010 had been the best year for Isla's football career. Towards the end of the summer Isla had attended trials for the Arsenal academy and for the past month she had been sat beside the house phone waiting to hear if she had made the Under 10s squad, she wanted to become as good of a footballer as Leah as well as experience Academy football like Jacob had talked so excitedly about.
Natalie had popped out the shops leaving the older girls in charge of Isla who still hadn't moved. The girls had taken this as the perfect opportunity to wind up there youngest sister, they started by hiding the house phones before watching as Isla ran around the house in a panic becoming more and more panicked as she searched furiously, her eyes began to fill with tears as she heard it ringing trying to navigate where it was coming from. Melia looked at Ellie and Charlotte before peaking around the corner watching as Isla picked up the phone sighing in relief "watch this." Isla pressed accept before she began talking "hello." Melia tried not to laugh as she dropped the octave of her voice "hello is Isla Sterling there." The three girls tried not to laugh at the excitement in there younger sister "yes this is she." "Oh excellent well I'm sorry to tell you but we aren't going to accept you to arsenal." Isla looked down at the floor disappointed "oh..ehm why." Isla felt her bottom lip start to tremble as the voice on the opposite side began to speak "well if I'm being honest you are the worst football player we have ever seen not even Man United would want you and in my professional opinion you should quite playing all together." Isla nodded her head "oh oh thank you for calling." Isla hung up the phone before running out the door.
Isla tried not to cry as she knocked on the Williamson's front door "oh Isla Jacobs at training he will be back in an hour." Isla looked up at Amanda as she shook her head "is Leah home I need to talk to her." Amanda nodded stepping aside telling her she was upstairs Amanda watched worriedly as Isla ran up the stairs bottom lip still trembling. Isla stoped knocking on Leah's door "what." Isla let out a breath trying to not cry "it's Isla can I come in." Leah huffed "no leave me alone." Isla shook her head ignoring her "but I really need to talk to you." Leah didn't answer as Isla began to open the door before being knocked to the ground by the older girl as she looked up at Leah "why can't you just take no for an answer Isla I don't want to talk to you I don't want to hang out with you your a baby for crying out loud who wants to be seen with a baby." Isla couldn't move not knowing what to say as she tried desperately not to cry "I......I." Isla couldn't form the words as Leah let out a groan "see you can't even talk properly." Isla tried not to let the tears that had weld up in her eyes fall but she was beginning to get tired of it all "I just wanted to talk to you." Leah let out a huff standing back from the girl and walking back towards her room "I told you I don't want to talk so leave." Leah slammed her door as Isla began to stand "what is going on up there." Isla made her way down the stairs head bent in defeat as she began to cry "I'm sorry, I annoyed her." Amanda didn't get a word in before Isla left out the front door back to her house. Ignoring her older sisters she raced up the stairs flopping on her bed as she began to cry hysterically.
Natalie arrived a little while later looking into the sitting room at her three oldest girls "hi girls." The older lot didn't take there eyes of the tv muttering hellos from where they sat on the couch, Natalie looked around the room "where's Isla." Charlotte waved off "in her room." Natalie sighed turning to walk up the stairs in order to retrieve her youngest daughter. Stopping outside the room Natalie knocked before entering only to see Isla wrapped in Leah's Arsenal jersey asleep tear streaks down her cheek, her heart broke at the sight. Sitting on the bed Natalie reached up shaking Isla awake "hunny you got to wake up for me." Isla stirred before opening her eyes and looking at her mum before her lip began trembling again and tears weld up in her eyes "oh darling what's the matter "icoudntfinethephoneandthenifounditandtheguysaidididntmaketheunder10sandthensaodnotevenmanunitedwouldwantmeandishoukdquitesoiwentooverteahcauseshealwaysmakesmefeelbetterbutsheshoutedagmeandcalledmeababyabdsaidshedidntwanttohangoutwitgmeanymorw." Natalie sighed "breath for me my love ok try again." Natalie listened to her youngest daughter feeling her heart break as she watched Isla's eyes prick with tears once again, Natalie sighed brushing the hair out of her daughter's eyes "oh darling, that phone call it wasn't really I promise Arsenal will call me not the house if you get in I'm afraid that was your sisters thinking they where funny." Isla looked at her Mum heartbroken at her sister's doing something so evil "but why." Natalie shook her head "I don't know but we can talk about that later, leah." Isla's eyes filled with tears "I know you love her pumpkin we can see how much you adore her but you have to remember she is older, she has her own life, her own friends and although you want to spend so much time with her and you seek her out in need of comfort she might not want that from you, you are the friend of her little brother nine years old and age gaps like this can be hard but I promise it won't last form there will be times when she is happy to entertain you but there is times she won't be and you can't take that to heart your at an awkward age right now but it will disappear in no time and she will be back to being the Leah your Leah ." Isla buried her head into her mums chest "but I don't want that it will take to long." Natalie sighed "I'm afraid you have no choice in the matter my darling."