chapter 12: the not so fun party

lapis/pov

"peridot hurry up and put your costume on" I said to peridot through the bathroom door. "I'm trying! this stupid costume is being... STUPID!" peridot yelled through the door "do you want me to help you?" I asked "y-yes" peridot said in reply. I heard the lock click on the door and with that I walked in, I saw peridot desperately grabbing the zipper to her Mario costume. me and peridot were going as peach and Mario, it was my idea. I wasn't sure if peridot liked the idea, but she went with it.

"awwww peridot you look so cute" I cooed "ugh can you just help me so we can go to this stupid party?" peridot said annoyed. I giggled a little a bit "alright, alright fine."

"peridot?"

"what?"

"do you not like these costumes?"

"what! of course I like them, I'm just a little annoyed. I'm sorry"

"oh its okay"

peridot/pov

on the way to the party

I still haven't got any sleep, its now Sunday and I haven't fallen asleep since last Tuesday...

I was honestly surprised I was still functioning, I had many cups of coffee a day, I had really bad eye bags, I zoned out a lot, and I moved really slowly. I think lapis has been starting to notice how tired I've been, but on the bright side lapis hasn't woken up in the middle of the night from a nightmare so me staying awake has been helping her.

"alright lapis we're here" I said as we reached the house the party was being thrown at. I could hear loud music coming from the inside and it was vary decorated for Halloween. "wow this place looks great!" lapis said excitedly. as we walked in Amethyst, the short girl, greeted us at the door, she seemed more bubbly then normal. "yooo p-dot and l- *hiccup* lapis so glad you *hiccup* could make it" amethyst said. 'oh, she's drunk.' "the drinks are over there and if you need anything *hiccup* just try to find me"

"oh peridot we should get drinks" lapis exclaimed "wait, you drink?" I asked. 'I never would've guessed she drank, I have a bad history with drinking...' "yeah sometimes, now lets goooo" lapis said while pulling my arm and dragging me to the table with the alcohol. "here peridot" lapis handed me a beer. "oh um I don't want anything" I said placing it back on the table. "oh alrighty then suit yourself" lapis said right before chugging a beer. 'I looked away for a second and heard lapis slam it on the table, when I looked back she was chugging another one!' "lapis slow down you going to get wasted" I said but she ignored me, and chugged another one.

lapis was about to drink her 5th beer in the past 4 minutes, I had to do something. I grabbed lapis hand while she reached for another one. "lapis take a break you've had enough" I said worried "hehe alright fine, just one more though." and with that she chugged another one. "ugh lapis I didn't know you could chug so many beers, you concerning me." I stated, lapis looked over at me "what? do you have a problem with it?" lapis said kind of angry "no, I just didn't know and I'm worried about you" I said a little confused "you don't need to worry about me peridot! I can worry about myself, just like I can live by myself, and sleep by myself. you give me no room to live its like your addicted to me! I should be able to drink without you on my back!" lapis yelled drawing attention to ourselves.

the words addicted and drink were replaying over and over again in my head, I couldn't take it anymore I grabbed lapis' hand, "lapis were leaving, your drunk and I cant be here anymore" I said trying to keep a strait face even though I wanted to cry. I must not of been doing a good job though because lapis said "ohh look everyone little peridots about to cry. go cry somewhere else nerd" lapis said while slapping my arm away.

I felt a tear role down my face as I stared at my girlfriend who just brought up my trauma. I was hurt, and I just couldn't be here anymore.

I walked away and out the door as more tears feel down my cheeks, I was so hurt everything hurt, I couldn't believe what just happened,

my girlfriend was drunk, she hurt me. I don't know what to do! WHAT DO I DO! IM SAD IM MAD IM SO FUCKED UP WHY DID I EVEN COME TO THSI STUIPID PARTY ANYWAY.

I was now at the side of the house, I sat next to what looked like a trash bag and cried, I cried for a while until I accidently touched the garbage bag and heard clinging of bottles? I opened it to see tons of full bottles of alcohol. I grabbed one and started chugging it, I mean why not I have nothing else to lose so why be sober anyway, my life is fucked and I cant keep my fucking promises either

flashback when peridot was in second grade

third person/pov

"PERIDOT GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE" my dad screamed, he was drunk again

peridot ran to her bedroom and slammed the door, she slowly slid down the door and cried.

she had no escape from her dad and her mom was never home.

her dad was always drunk or high.

"I promise I will never ever be drunk I hate it its bad I cant stand it! I will never be drunk!"

peridot told herself while crying

back to present

peridot/pov

I was crying even harder now, I had finished a whole bottle of alcohol, I was no longer sober for the first time in my life I wasn't sober. I had broken the promise to myself, but its okay. at least its helping right?

lapis/pov

"ugh lapis I didn't know you could chug so many beers, you concerning me." peridot said. my mind went blank and suddenly I was at jasper's again.

flash back with lapis this time

third person/pov

"chug chug chug chug" jasper chanted as lapis chugged the beers "wow lapis I'm impressed" jasper said but lapis wasn't listening, she was still chugging beers. she ended up chugging 8 beers before snapping back to reality as jasper said "ugh lapis I didn't know you could chug so many beers, OH FUCK LAPIS YOU DRANK THEM ALL!" jasper yelled but lapis was drunk and wasn't thinking "what? you got a problem with it?" lapis snarled back at jasper, but jasper didn't take it well, jasper grabbed lapis by the arm and pulled her into the bedroom striping her cloths off...

back to present

lapis/pov

I felt like I was in the same situation, but I wasn't thinking so I kept going. I felt like I was talking to jasper and I just let all my anger out "you don't need to worry about me peridot! I can worry about myself, just like I can live by myself, and sleep by myself. you give me no room to live its like your addicted to me! I should be able to drink without you on my back!" I yelled with no regrets "lapis were leavening, your drunk and I cant be here anymore" peridot said shakey like she was about to cry, I took advantage of that "ohh look everyone little peridots about to cry. go cry somewhere else nerd"...

I watched peridot walk away and I felt great, I just told off jasper right? I was trying to think strait but I couldn't all I could think about was the alcohol so I did what anyone else would do. I drank more and more and more until I passed out...

AHHHHHHH I ALMOST STARTED CRYING WHILE WRITEING THIS IM SORRY GUYS I KNOW A LOT HAPPEND IN THIS CHAPTER AND EVEN MORE IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE NEXT ONE, BUT YAH THIS WAS REALLY FUN TO WRITE MWAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!! ALSO I FINALY FIGURED OUT PERIDOTS SECOND GRADE THING, THERES MORE TO IT THEN WHAT IVE EXPLAINED CUZ IF YOU REMEMBER IT EFFECTED PERIDOTS WAY OF MAKING FRIENDS AND ONE MORE THING THIS BOOK HAS BEEN OUT FOR TWO MONTHS SO IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE SINCE DAY ONE. THANK YOUUUUU.

if you didn't understand why lapis was doing all this stuff to peridot it was cuz she was drunk and had a flash back, so she ended up feeling like she was reliving that but she got to fight back, so she did and the whole time she new it was peridot but she felt like it was jasper.