Prologue I: 2016 Nublar

A storm violently raged over the island, pelting the ruins of the once proud Jurassic World with rain and the occasional lightning strike, which was followed by the loud rumble of thunder. If there was a meteorologist was present they would probably say it was just a normal tropical storm.

Nothing would be out and out right now, not even the island's resident Pterosaurs, which were currently hiding in the canopy of the island's forests.

However, there was indeed something out and about as in the ruins of Jurassic World's Main Street, a small outpost was set up, filled with equipment including a weapons rack, flood lights, and of course, tents for the personnel.

There was even a makeshift helipad in the camp, with of course, a helicopter sitting in the center of it. Sitting idly by as rain pelted the vehicle's hull.

There was a pair of men on guard, both dressed in a black attire including long sleeved pants and shirts with a bullet proof vest and radio on their person, along with elbow and knee pads.

They both had a holster on their side for a sidearm to be stored, just in case they couldn't use their primary rifles.

At first glance, one would think that these two were special forces for the military, but they weren't soldiers for any government, they were in fact mercenaries. 

"I don't understand why they had us out here in the rain while they went inside to retrieve the objective." One of the mercenaries grumbled, clearly not happen to be on guard duty for the group's basecamp.

"Because there needs to be someone here to make sure that none of those giant lizards cause a ruckus inside it, I don't know about you Chris, but I don't want to wake up with one of those monsters looming over me."

The second man answered, looking over at Chris for a brief few moments before looking back out at the Main Street area.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever Jameson." Chris grumbled out in response as he scanned the area one more time, just to be sure nothing was coming.

Chris then let out a yawn as nothing seemed to be happening, that is until he heard a soft hooting sound off in the distance, which made the man tighten his grip on his gun and raise it.

"What was that?" Chris asked, wondering if his fellow mercenary had heard the sound too.

"Relax man, it was probably just an owl." Jameson said, brushing it off like it was nothing.

"There's no owls on this island you bloody idiot." Chris hissed at Jameson, reminding him where they were, besides, the hooting sound the two men heard sounded too different to be from an owl.

Which seemed to snap Jameson out of his relaxed state as he also started to scan the area for whatever made that sound.

Just then, some brush to their left rustled and the two men aimed their guns at the foliage, and they heard the hooting sound again, but strangely, the creature inside the foliage that had hooted at them strangely fled the scene.

With Chris and Jameson hearing the animals footfalls disappear off into the foliage and away from them, and so, the two men relaxed a bit since the possible danger had fled the scene.

However, just then, the two men heard shouting off in the distance, which was then followed by a thunderous roar of some kind of dinosaur, and then some gun fire.

Which obviously drew the men's attention back to the main walkway section of the park, where they could see the rest of their teammates running towards them, two of the men were holding a large box in their hands.

It was clearly large enough that both men had to carry it.

"What was that?" Chris asked the leader of the group, a man named Nathaniel Harrison when he sprinted up to them while everyone else was rushing around and packing up everything they could.