Mother

Picture below is actress Alexandra Dadarrio as Josephine's mother Tierney Givings.

Intro:

Intro:

I was 8 years old when I found my mothers lifeless body. She was laying in bed, as if she had just been sleeping, but there was vomit next to her. I remember calling 9-1-1 after failing to wake her and then small apartment coming to life with strangers in all sorts of uniforms.
I was so scared. I remembered hearing them say she was a DOA, likely overdose. Though it didn't make sense at to me at the time.
I remember screaming bloody murder when they tried to move me out of the room as I didn't want to leave my mother. Since the day I came into the world we were all each other had.
Whenever they had grandparents day at school and I'd ask about mine she'd say she grew up in the system and all we had was each other.
When they took my mother away another lady explained what was going to happen next and then she let me pack a few things to bring with me. We didn't have much, but there were a few sentimental things I wanted to bring. The first was a little photo album with some photos in it. There weren't but maybe 20 photos total, but these were all I had to remember here by. The second was a little vintage trinket box my mom kept some special jewelry in. These were her favorite pieces and now they were mine. 
The last was a death moth blanket, it was very worn, and had some small holes, but my mother  didn't care. It was her favorite blanket.

That was 6 years ago...
6 tortuous years.
When I first settled into the system I was told that I was lucky. Kids like myself with no family have a higher chance of being adopted, especially at my age.
I easily proved them wrong when I was frequently tossed back because of my behavior. I didn't want a new family. I just wanted my mom back.

Authors note: this will be a short chapter. I promise the next will be longer.