Chapter Three - A Dream? Or Not A Dream? That Is The Question.

Cecil stood up, his movements precise. Carlos watched him, propped up on his elbows. "Cecil? Hello?"

No answer.

Carlos stood up and took Cecil's hand. "Sweetheart?"

Cecil started walking towards the door. Carlos noted that it was almost... robotically? Would that be the right word? His movements weren't disjointed, but they weren't smooth either. It was rather odd.

Carlos followed his boyfriend out the door, down the stairs, outside, and down the road. He had no idea where Cecil was going, but he would follow him wherever it was. All in the name of science, of course (and a little bit of worry for his boyfriend).

Cecil led Carlos to the Used and Discount Sporting Goods Store.

'Why the hell would Cecil be going here?' Carlos thought, as Cecil stepped through the door. 'Didn't one of the old interns go in here and die?!'

Carlos stepped through the door, following his boyfriend. The door swung shut behind him, and he found himself in a dimly light room.

The last thing he remembered was something flying towards his face, and then he was falling. Everything went black.

*

Carlos woke up, lying on his couch. Sunlight streamed through the windows. He heard a slurp behind the cough, and he sat up. There, sitting at the kitchen table, was Cecil, drinking coffee. Carlos smiled at Cecil, and Cecil smiled back.

"Good morning, sweetie," Cecil said, taking another sip from his mug. Well, it wasn't Cecil's mug, it was Carlos's I <3 Science mug.

"I had the weirdest dream..." Carlos said, sitting down at the table, across from Cecil.

"Weirder than a desert Otherworld?"

Carlos smirked. "Definitely."

"So. What was it about?"

"I..." Carlos shook his head, his curls bouncing. "I don't even really remember. I just remember that it was really vivid. It felt even more real than this conversation right now."

Cecil set his mug down. "Hmm? Sorry, your hair is distracting."

Carlos laughed. His boyfriend was so adorable.

Cecil stood up, leaned over, and picked up Khoshekh, who had been meowing (would you call it a meow?) mercilessly.

Carlos stood up as well, and started to fix himself breakfast. He poured himself some coffee as he waited for his toast to pop up.

Cecil took a final slurp of his coffee, then headed into the bedroom they shared to change for work. Carlos watched him go.

A few minutes later, Cecil stepped out again, wearing a white button-up blouse, purple skinny jeans, a purple tie with a striped pattern, and his back "hipster" glasses. His hair was brushed (for once).

He walked up to Carlos, who was finishing his toast. Cecil kissed him on the cheek, then grabbed his computer bag and left the apartment. Carlos then stood up, and went to change into his lab coat. He had important experiments to do.

ayyyyyyyy sorry for not posting for what seems like forever
um, this is kinda longer? ish?
also it is summer vacation for me, so idk if that means I'll update more, or less idek
but, anyway, please leave a vote and a comment please
ily guys